advertisement

Brexit next week: give me a positive effect it will have on my daily life

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife will give up her mega stress pharmacist job if we move so a rural place not too far from somewhere like Montpellier or Barcelona appeals. Two weeks touring the Languedoc area should answer some questions.
The best weather is on the Italian border. That's where I would like to end up. And I don't mean hottest, I mean the mildest and dryest in the south. So they say, anyway....

My wife will give up her mega stress pharmacist job if we move so a rural place not too far from somewhere like Montpellier or Barcelona appeals. Two weeks touring the Languedoc area should answer some questions.

I’m sure it will. Welcome.

Have a look east at Aix, Avignon; and west to Carcassonne. Obviously the further you move from the sea, and more rural, the cheaper it gets.
We have friends in Alès area but she is French. Too remote for me.

The best weather is on the Italian border. That's where I would like to end up. And I don't mean hottest, I mean the mildest and dryest in the south. So they say, anyway....
I believe you are correct. I was reading about the various winds just this morning. Turns out Languedoc is the windiest part of France. Not been to SE France yet - nearest was Genova. I think property may be pricier in SE. Anyway I think my escape tunnel may work as long as Poland don't get kicked out of the EU. They are doing a lot of things that suggests they could.
Anyone been watching Ed Balls in the Eurozone? Excellent and informative. I think ED is another Portillo - made for tv. He is covering the rise of popularism in his new series.

I am with you there, Rich.

lugano-3272123-1024.jpg

Have a look east at Aix, Avignon; and west to Carcassonne. Obviously the further you move from the sea, and more rural, the cheaper it gets.
We have friends in Alès area but she is French. Too remote for me.
So far we have planned a few days in Perpignan and along the coast inc trip to Figueres. Then nearly a week in each of Corbiers and Minervois villages. Think we should stay in a small town remaining few days. A lot of places in the foothills look great until I check the climate - often worst rainfall in May.
Weather varies from valley to valley!

2016 No checks. Easiest deal in the world. Can have cake and eat it, etc.
2017 No checks.
2018 Absolutely no checks.
2019 No checks under any circumstances.
2020 We always said there would be checks. Suck it up and get ready. You voted for it, so if your business goes under you've only yourself to blame.

The checks on our side are new though, so how any company was supposed to plan for that is anyone's guess.

It wasn't going to be us that put up barriers it was that dastardly EU.

I assume they finally realised that opening up our borders wasn't the greatest idea in the world.

Stephen

Not my picture, but it is Lugano in Switzerland.

Now that I am a non EU citizen and in theory trapped on the mainland in Switzerland, I might have to end up seeing out my days here.

So far we have planned a few days in Perpignan and along the coast inc trip to Figueres. Then nearly a week in each of Corbiers and Minervois villages. Think we should stay in a small town remaining few days. A lot of places in the foothills look great until I check the climate - often worst rainfall in May.
Weather varies from valley to valley!
I spent a week in Perpignan in the summer at a campsite last year....it's alright. What it has that the east does not have is empty duney beaches with no buildings behind them.

Not my picture, but it is Lugano in Switzerland.

Now that I am a non EU citizen and in theory trapped on the mainland in Switzerland, I might have to end up seeing out my days here.

There are worse places to get trapped. Like almost everywhere else.

We are going to get 40 new hospitals. Maybe Boris has forgotten... words don't mean anything.
China built 2 last month in about 5 seconds.

He's forgotten because that was never promised—even though he continues to say it is what he promised.

As with the NI/UK border—no checks? Of course there will be checks.

The brazen lying is rarely called out. It's the scale that amazes me.

"Lets pretend to build a few more hospitals, Matt."

"How many, one or two?"

"No, if we're going to lie, might as well make it a big one. The voters won't check and my personal press corps will peddle it as truth anyhow."

From the Fullfact link above—

I've been launching our programme to build 40 new hospitals in this country”

Boris Johnson, 29 September 2019

“Over the next decade we will build, not ten, not twenty, but forty new state of the art hospitals.”

Matt Hancock MP, 30 September 2019

“Yet again a Boris Johnson health announcement has quickly unravelled as spin. This isn’t 40 new hospitals, it is just reconfiguring six.”

Stephen

^^ you mean we don't have £24 billion for hospitals ? Or £100bn for HS2 ? Etc etc
Surely there is a measly £5bn for buses ? Red buses. Big red buses.
Now we have taken back control and have no trade agreements there will be unlimited money for everything. Right ?
Boris got a masterclass from Trump: you don't tell one or two lies because you get caught. You tell more lies than people can keep up with. It becomes a blur. Then you repeat a feel good mantra over and over again.

2016 No checks. Easiest deal in the world. Can have cake and eat it, etc.
2017 No checks.
2018 Absolutely no checks.
2019 No checks under any circumstances.
2020 We always said there would be checks. Suck it up and get ready. You voted for it, so if your business goes under you've only yourself to blame.

2021 Blame the EU for checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back