advertisement

Election night 2019 / aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is what passes for introspection after defeat, the LP is in big trouble.
1) How on earth are you going to “resist the Conservatives” on all these points? Your lot just got absolutely thrashed. Your leaders are discredited. It’ll be “just don’t have the numbers” for 5 more years.
2) How do you rebuild? Yes, of course, attack the Blairites again. Clearly the root cause of the defeat last night, eh? First things first.
Brilliant.
Which would you rather we didn’t resist, the racism or gerrymandering? Both?

Sorry, shouldn’t have mentioned the B words. They’re not uppermost in my mind right now, but their indifference to racism does need to be remarked on occasionally when people get nostalgic for the good old days.

Sorry, shouldn’t have mentioned the B words. They’re not uppermost in my mind right now, but their indifference to racism does need to be remarked on occasionally when people get nostalgic for the good old days.
Just heard Paul Mason say that one of the things Labour met on the doorsteps of its heartlands was blatant racism, not xenophobia but racist memes and expressions you’d not get away with in the workplace or that could be repeated in a TV studio and it didn’t quite know how to deal with it.

Ah, the closed choice gambit. You have a future in telemarketing.

There is no time to argue about it, and the changes needed will make Brexit and austerity look like a walk in the park.

Which is why it will not happen.

We have spent 3.5 years arguing over a referendum vote. We will still be arguing about the climate emergency while the water levels are up to our knees.

As is seen regularly on here many are only interested in their own political brand, there is no interest in unity to achieve anything.
If anything were to be done we need a leader, not the impotent bunch of politicians we currently have.
The drastic steps necessary to have any major impact by every person would be political suicide.
Why, I do believe you’re calling for a dictator.

Am I right in thinking that 47% of the electorate voted for getting Brexit done, whilst 53% voted for having a say on the final deal or cancelling it entirely?

I must confess, I was astonished to be greeted inside the voting centre, and handed my polling card, by an ageing gentleman wearing an enormous blue rosette with the words "Vote Conservative" in the middle.

Delighted with the result...the betrayal of blocking Brexit cost many ..much...
The famous 'conduits for the people' sketch from Yes Minister comes to mind.
The geezer that mentioned London Calling being 40..ta!

3d3a8385a4a297404c82068c9ced0777da261edb.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back