advertisement

Question Time

The best thing I ever did was scrape enough a-levels together to get into Sheffield Poly. I did applied social studies which qualified me for SFA but opened doors I would never have gone through if I'd stayed in Scarborough.

I did a similar thing after 15 years of Olympic Standard Buggering About... and minus the A levels. Social Sciences but very much majoring on politics. It got me onto the post grad course I needed, gave access to the rest of my working life and imbued me with the confidence that comes from knowing that if you can do HE.. all those people you looked up to previously aren't half as smart as either of you thought.

Amazed you actually got to sit exams at a secondary modern. Your bio shows exactly why Grammar Schools are damaging, no one knows what a child can become at 11
An outstanding headmaster with good teaching staff. I was bumped up from 1.1 to 2.1 after the Xmas exams boy was that hard. Then when I asked my science teacher if I could take Chemistry at 'O' level (the school only taught General Science and Biology) he took it seriously, tested me and then the head gave the O.K! Self taught and self starter. The drummer in my band went to a Grammar and took 10 'O' levels at 16 and failed the lot! He like many others laboured on building sites whilst the band got ready to earn its keep. If I remember correctly only two of us had regular jobs - me in the lab and one of our singers/bass player (we had more than one of each!) was a bus conductor. How he never made it as a comedian I'll never know he was a natural.

Funnily enough after graduating I went into teaching to give something back to society for giving me the opportunity of going to Uni and found myself working alongside some of my old teachers! Boy did we have fun and lots of boozy times..........

Cheers,

DV

The fundamentals aren't that different.................... you borrow as you can afford.

Regards

Richard
No, it's really, really not. At all. That's because when a household borrows it can't generate any revenue from the loan. A business or an economy can, so they can actually make a loan earn money.. In addition an economy can make the money go round more than once. This is a fundamental principle of economics on which economists of all colours agree.

“You can’t make up maths! It’s a lie!” from audience member to Tory blow-hard being the quote of the series so far.

“You can’t make up maths! It’s a lie!” from audience member to Tory blow-hard being the quote of the series so far.
Excellent kick in the balls with the "I asked my 8 year old before I came on and she said it was a lie" Oddly the fat twat didn't even seem slightly embarrassed.

Best QT for a long time, the thick Tory is getting a well deserved kicking.

PS I had to google Lionel Shriver and it very much surprised me that she wrote ‘We Need To Talk About Kevin’, which was a pretty decent film.

Lionel Shriver, now there’s someone I wouldn’t piss on if they were on fire.
Be right, she's called Lionel Shriver. I can't imagine that Lionel Shriver is actually a flammable thing. Gotta say it is a rare thing to hear a right wing artist.

Shriver, who I'm sure will be surprised to learn she is 'right wing', was one of the best guests on QT in a long time. She gave meaningful penetrating answers, unlike the apologetic robotic lines trotted out by the likes of Lucas and whoever that Tory was. 'Did you read the original op-ed?' Uhhhhh, I don't think they did!

49139625841_d241823bb7_z.jpg

The mug.

Really horrible person. Haven't read any of the books, although I've always appreciated her insistence that we acknowledge the dark side of absolute temperature.

advertisement

Back