advertisement

Winter election II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun watching them squirm though as their holier than thou attitudes are put under the spotilight and are found to be less than desireable.
This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Hard to believe that the thought of Jews being scared isn't feeding Mike's glee here, on some level. At the very least you'd have to say that he doesn't seem too concerned about it. For actual fascists it's the main draw, and the opportunity to shout lefties' slogans back at them is just gravy.

Is that what this is about? Heresy Trials?

Er, no. It's about the closer people are in some ways, the worse falling-outs can become, sort of like how arguments within families can be far worse than arguments with strangers.

Good Evening All,

I have to say I've been kind of impressed at Jeremy Corbyn's efforts run the last two significant TV appearances. Refusing to state a position on Brexit has me confused and I can't help thinking the, if I may call it this, Jewish issue, is being somewhat overblown.

The bottom line though is that he doesn't strike as "Churchillian' or even anything close.

I also feel that he needs to be considerably less evasive on taking military or covert action where required. Such decisions go with the territory and I don't get a warm cosy glow that he has the necessary.

Regards

Richard

So we've gone from the usual 'Labour/Corbyn is anti-semitism incarnet type opinions to back tracking when asked to furnish proof/evidence with oh 'just general impressions', 'anecdotal, friend of a friend told me'...etc. This 'no smoke without a huge fire is pretty shoddy and shameful tbh.
I understand your viewpoint, I don't know many Jewish people but I just listen to what they say.

c11af6d5b01051d737ee176faafe9fd35f9265a6_2_834x750.jpeg

Declaring Labour to be institutionally antisemitic and discriminatory against Jews is a specific accusation. The fact that you think that making the accusation is no more significant than stating a reasonable opinion or making an impressionistic observation is what makes you a reckless sh_tposter, in this instance.

Sensible people throwing around these accusations as if they were remarking on the weather has consequences. It increases Jewish insecurity and it emboldens the far right. Two elderly pensioners beaten up yesterday while out canvassing for Labour. You've no idea how gratifying and enabling all this is to fascists.

It also makes the problem in the Labour Party almost impossible to deal with. Think about it. If you're interested in addressing the problem you have to understand that it involves convincing Corbyn-supporting members who consider themselves anti-racist that this isn't just a load of groundless accusations cooked up by people who don't like Corbyn. There is simply no getting around that stage. But everywhere you look there's people like you, throwing around accusations like confetti and using them as an opportunity to explain why Corbyn is awful.
So criticism of Corbyn is leading to OAPs getting beaten up?

Good Evening All,

I have to say I've been kind of impressed at Jeremy Corbyn's efforts run the last two significant TV appearances. Refusing to state a position on Brexit has me confused and I can't help thinking the, if I may call it this, Jewish issue, is being somewhat overblown.

The bottom line though is that he doesn't strike as "Churchillian' or even anything close.

I also feel that he needs to be considerably less evasive on taking military or covert action where required. Such decisions go with the territory and I don't get a warm cosy glow that he has the necessary.

Regards

Richard

He’s pitiful....cannot answer a straight question....how on earth could anyone (even hard left) have him as British prime minister ???

He’s pitiful....cannot answer a straight question....how on earth could anyone (even hard left) have him as British prime minister ???

Laughs. With Johnson constantly lying through his teeth, avoiding scrutiny, suppressing reports - "not answering a straight question" yeah, that's a real problem.

Slight modification:

Anything outside of a tactical vote at this juncture will ensure a Tory government
Tactical in ensuring the Tories are out of power, yes but for anyone who constantly complains about this government, the far right, Boris, Farage etc... then votes green in a Labour hold in what will prove to be the most unpredictable & probably the most important election we will face in our lifetimes because Corbyn doesn't suit, is definitely, as mentioned earlier, the dumb as ass vote as far as i'm concerned.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Hard to believe that the thought of Jews being scared isn't feeding Mike's glee here, on some level. At the very least you'd have to say that he doesn't seem too concerned about it. For actual fascists it's the main draw, and the opportunity to shout lefties' slogans back at them is just gravy.
You got me there Sean, it certainly doesn't keep me up at night! But when you say fascist, I'm not sure who you mean. Is it the Neo Nazis? Or is it some Israel obsessed Momentum type who's conspiracy theories lead him to some pretty dark places? These things aren't so clear cut anymore.

We have Boris or Corbyn at the end of the day to run the country.

One relies on his stand up routine to overcome any deficiencies in his policies, cannot answer a single question without lying & has the worst record of any prime minister in history of British politics where votes in parliament are concerned & all in a few months. The other offers a ref on a Labour led deal with the EU & an offer of at least attempting to give everyone a good footing in life & to stop the punishing regime the Tory party have chiselled out over the last 9 years so it depends where your priorities lie.

Tactical in ensuring the Tories are out of power, yes but for anyone who constantly complains about this government, the far right, Boris, Farage etc... then votes green in a Labour hold in what will prove to be the most unpredictable & probably the most important election we will face in our lifetimes because Corbyn doesn't suit, is definitely, as mentioned earlier, the dumb as ass vote as far as i'm concerned.

Forgive me if I don’t take any lectures from folk who voted for Brexit along with every far-right extremist and racist in the country. I'm sure Johnson will deliver everything you voted for! Enjoy your Brexit!

Forgive me if I don’t take any lectures from folk who voted for Brexit along with every far-right extremist and racist in the country. I'm sure Johnson will deliver everything you voted for! Enjoy your Brexit!
The lecture is sound.
You voted alongside Cameron, Osbourne & May. enjoy.

Brexit's over, havn't you been listening for the last 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back