advertisement

Rugby World Cup

What a contrast between two semi-finals. Bad luck for anyone expecting an entertaining game today, myself included. Very disappointed as a Welsh fan, they look jaded and rusty. Let’s hope things improve in the next 40 minutes!

Whoever wins this needs to up their game considerably for the final or they’ll be eviscerated by England if they carry yesterday’s form forward.

What a contrast between two semi-finals. Bad luck for anyone expecting an entertaining game today, myself included. Very disappointed as a Welsh fan, they look jaded and rusty. Let’s hope things improve in the next 40 minutes!

Yes the ball is getting air sickness. Let's hope for better 2nd half.

It's sport, so anything is possible, but Eddie Jones has so many options in what's become a contest of the coaches that it's hard to see Springboks' brute force being enough to win the final. In fact it could be very one-sided.

England will play from the outset at a much more high intensity. They will be much faster recovering from the breakdowns etc. If SA cope with that, it will be closer than some will think.

I just see England having more options, and their defence will match SA. The England scrum is also far more settled and clever.

England by at least 7...

Unlucky Wales, tough game just a couple of errors in it. They went the right way with France but not today.

Absolutely gutted as a Wales fan to lose that one. There was nothing in it. The difference was that South Africa were stronger in the rucks and scrum.

Any England fan thinking they'll have an easy game needs to think twice. South Africa aren't an attractive side to watch, but they're brutal and strong and it's damm effective.

I'm expecting another close one. Hope South Africa win!

Absolutely gutted as a Wales fan to lose that one. There was nothing in it. The difference was that South Africa were stronger in the rucks and scrum.

Any England fan thinking they'll have an easy game needs to think twice. South Africa aren't an attractive side to watch, but they're brutal and strong and it's damm effective.

I'm expecting another close one. Hope South Africa win!

I must be stupid. If it was a Wales SA final as an England fan I’d be wanting Wales to win!

I cannot believe that any England fan will think it's going to be an easy game, it never is against South Africa.

As an England supporter who was brought up listening to bloody Max Boyce I love it when Wales get beat!

SA will be fighting their Boer War yet again but I hope England THUMP them.
Poor old Wales OTOH are going to be thumped by the ABs.

Moment of the match for me ....
Match Commentator on Faf de Clerc picking a fight with Jake Ball ‘... isn’t there a poem about a man with things living in his beard.’
Shane Williams ‘ you could get Faf de Clerc in Jake Ball’s beard!’

SA will be fighting their Boer War yet again but I hope England THUMP them.
Poor old Wales OTOH are going to be thumped by the ABs.
Third-fourth placed playoffs are crap anyway, but in the context of Rugby Union is does seem like particularly cruel and unusual punishment on the losing semi finalists.

Wales never got going...so few moments of open play, and SA only won by dint of the usual SA hard rucking and strong defence. Sad not to see both teams at 100%, (or even at 80% on that showing). Sorry taffs, but if the advance continues, it's the final in the next world cup! Trying to recall if I saw one bit of wide open play from the Boks...next week will be hard, but I really can't see last weeks England losing.

Wales never got going...so few moments of open play, and SA only won by dint of the usual SA hard rucking and strong defence. Sad not to see both teams at 100%, (or even at 80% on that showing). Sorry taffs, but if the advance continues, it's the final in the next world cup! Trying to recall if I saw one bit of wide open play from the Boks...next week will be hard, but I really can't see last weeks England losing.

Except for the first half against Australia, Wales never got going through the whole tournament. Their usual strong defense was found wanting on times, but even if it was as good as it was in the six nations if you can't score tries then you're eventually going to come unstuck, and Wales have had problems creating tries for a long time.

advertisement

Back