advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is clear that the referendum was between remaining and simply leaving, there was never any requirement for the detail of any leave deal to be voted on against remain.

So which type of leave did we vote for?

This focus on bullshit crime is an effort to bring in sweeping authoritarian legislation and further suppress minorities and ppl the TPTB deem “unacceptable“ in the uk — the government is going to do something terrible soon... and many of you bootlickers will be applauding it.

Totally not a coup.

To Stunsworth,

A bit of confusion here - probably mine (I am only semi-literate and English is not my first language).

Anyway, Brian made the point that the 1975 referendum didn't state what staying in the then EEC would mean for the future.

To this you replied
Remain meant continuing the current relationship with the EEC/EU.

And I was just pointing out how the changing role of the then EEC, now EU, since 1975. That all folks.

Rae

Anyway, Brian made the point that the 1975 referendum didn't state what staying in the then EEC would mean for the future...

And I was just pointing out how the changing role of the then EEC, now EU, since 1975. That all folks.

Rae
So things have changed in 45 years? Yes, of course, just a bit. 45 years before that was 1930, we'd just had one World War, we were about to have the Great Depression, and we were going to start another war. Who in 1930 had *any idea whatsoever" what was going to happen in 1975? Some people didn't even have electricity in 1930.

Nobody can possibly predict what's going to happen in 45 years. Everything will change.

It's not for Remain to say "what kind of Remain do you want?" because remain is a status quo. It means "carry on, within the existing arrangements, until further notice, with the situation evolving as successive governments see fit". If you ask me "do I want to stay in my existing house or leave?" then if I say "Remain" it's not down to me to say what colour I will paint the kitchen in 40 years' time. Nor do I have to keep it exactly as it is, preserved in aspic. I just stay there and the house changes as I see fit. If I want a new kitchen then I'll do that. Only if I say "Leave" do I then have to say what I require from the new house.

What's wrong with finding out if we still want to proceed?

What are you afraid of?

The Grease Mopp has admited live on LBC that we can't have another referendum because people would overturn the result of the last one... Crybaby

So things have changed in 45 years? Yes, of course, just a bit. 45 years before that was 1930, we'd just had one World War, we were about to have the Great Depression, and we were going to start another war. Who in 1930 had *any idea whatsoever" what was going to happen in 1975? Some people didn't even have electricity in 1930.

Nobody can possibly predict what's going to happen in 45 years. Everything will change.

It's not for Remain to say "what kind of Remain do you want?" because remain is a status quo. It means "carry on, within the existing arrangements, until further notice, with the situation evolving as successive governments see fit". If you ask me "do I want to stay in my existing house or leave?" then if I say "Remain" it's not down to me to say what colour I will paint the kitchen in 40 years' time. Nor do I have to keep it exactly as it is, preserved in aspic. I just stay there and the house changes as I see fit. If I want a new kitchen then I'll do that. Only if I say "Leave" do I then have to say what I require from the new house.
A bit bizarre maybe - the 45 years bit was referring to changes which have taken place in the institutions and intentions of the EU from 1975 until today - but hey I am sure you are well intentioned. Keep up the good work.

If you ask me "do I want to stay in my existing house or leave?" then if I say "Remain" it's not down to me to say what colour I will paint the kitchen in 40 years' time. Nor do I have to keep it exactly as it is, preserved in aspic. I just stay there and the house changes as I see fit. If I want a new kitchen then I'll do that. Only if I say "Leave" do I then have to say what I require from the new house.

Lol.

Sorry, that was a typo. I meant Lame. What you also didn't buy into was someone rocking up in the 90s, telling you that if you want to change your 1973 salmon pink bathroom suite avec bidet you must do this, this and this.

Naturally this entirely sensible and practical possibility was never explored by the EU because the EU is a doctrine, a theology, that will brook no dissent from its ultimate goal of a European Imperium, and by consequence any dilution of its institutions to progressively ratchet power inwards.

The EU isn't a doctrine, or a theology, it's a legal construct, with rules, not red lines. A complete failure of the Leavers to understand this has led to the situation we are in.

The EU isn't a doctrine, or a theology, it's a legal construct, with rules, not red lines. A complete failure of the Leavers to understand this has led to the situation we are in.

Leavers understood perfectly, or this one did.

The EU is a doctrine, a theology, one tightly bound by legal construct.

Juncker linked to corruption, Prodi linked to corruption,
I think it is clear that there are lots of rules!

To Stunsworth,

A bit of confusion here - probably mine (I am only semi-literate and English is not my first language).

Anyway, Brian made the point that the 1975 referendum didn't state what staying in the then EEC would mean for the future.

To this you replied

Rae
The basic ambitions were included at the 1975 referendum but Heath was saying we would not have to agree to anything we did not want and we had the veto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back