advertisement

IPhone 11

Did it start up as a new device when you switched it on, ie asked you lots of questions including what language to use?

Yes started up like a new device, asked all the usual questions. Maybe all those years ago when I got my first iPod I signed up for beta stuff, but I can’t remember.

The last big silver Mac Pro was assembled in the US and in Ireland.
I think shipping costs had something to do with as well.

Trump’s ongoing trade war with China and popularist protectionism will be hurting Apple (and every other tech brand) hugely. It would be good to see a rebalancing where this stuff can be built all across the world for home markets, but I don’t think Trump’s tariff wars are the way to achieve it.

I have an XS but am really tempted by the 11's bigger screen and great camera setup which would compensate for the non OLED screen.

Last edited:
Went for one of the Spigen cases - my iPhone 6S has one and the phone looks as smart and unscuffed as it did when I bought it almost four years ago.

Yeah, Spigen are good, I used them until I found the Mous cases. I just like the look of the Mous and it is extremely strong.

I have an XS but am really tempted by the 11's bigger screen and great camera setup which would compensate for the non OLED screen.

The 11 Pro, the one with the 3 cameras, has the same size OLED screen as the XS, 5.8”. The 11 Pro screen has greater contrast and brightness.

The 11 has a larger screen, yes, but only two cameras, wide and ultra wide. The XS cameras were wide and telephoto.
I think if I wanted to upgrade from the XS for a better camera set up, I’d go for the 11 Pro.

The 11 Pro, the one with the 3 cameras, has the same size OLED screen as the XS, 5.8”. The 11 Pro screen has greater contrast and brightness.

The 11 has a larger screen, yes, but only two cameras, wide and ultra wide. The XS cameras were wide and telephoto.
I think if I wanted to upgrade from the XS for a better camera set up, I’d go for the 11 Pro.
Watched a quick video on the 11 Pro and the wide lens is almost comically wide. Think they’ve messed up there. I’m skipping the 11.

advertisement

Back