advertisement

The Tory leadership race- that’s quite a bestiary there II.

I think "they" might have forgotten most of that by now.

Workers are more likely to vote Tory because they are sick of their neighbours overweight spongey lifestyle.

I see first hand the animosity between families that get up and go to work and them next door with a nice new people carrier on the disability going on numerous holidays courtesy of the DWP. Could lose a bit of weight but get around OK.

You don't have to read the DM to form these opinions.

...but it helps.

joe-hutch I didn't know that. When I read about t'Johnsons dog couldn't help thinking of White House traditions and PM potentially aping of Trump.

My feelings too but this is an alarming analysis from Tom Kibasi. Since the ERG are now in charge, they accept a BINO withdrawal agreement for the sake of a Canada free trade agreement within a few years. Enough Labour leavers support it to get it over the line. GE follows with Johnson rewarded for delivering Brexit, LDs no longer have a point, Labour punished for prevaricating.

There are some holes in it but Kibasi is sharp and well informed.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/24/boris-johnson-reshuffle-election-autumn-brexit

Just read that article I was going to suggest something similar re all the moaning about the backstop. There is nothing stopping them trying to implement the plan Kibasi outlines or go for a no deal further down the line during the transition phase. All the backstop bull is just bull.

I would be on alert after BJ advised in Birmingham today there would be no election before Brexit. He is very liable to consider the opposite.

But I still on balance hope that they will prove to be not up to any job. None of them have done anything of note that I am aware of in political life with the exception of Boris getting his dream job. But that is something BJ has always focused on. Focusing on a country in a selfless manner is beyond his thought process.It is all about him.

I notice Johnson’s first real policy is to increase police numbers. A good thing IMHO as the service is woefully understaffed due to the Tory cuts over the past decade, though my guess is Johnson is doing it as he expects mass civil unrest once the penny drops what his threatened ‘hard Brexit’ actually is.

I notice Johnson’s first real policy is to increase police numbers. A good thing IMHO as the service is woefully understaffed due to the Tory cuts over the past decade, though my guess is Johnson is doing it as he expects mass civil unrest once the penny drops what his threatened ‘hard Brexit’ actually is.

That thought did cross my mind

“my brother is on the same level of benefit as someone else who has far less complex care issues.”
I know it for a fact as I am friends with the other party (nice people, doing the best for their child etc) know their kids pretty well. Lived with my brother for 19 years, know exactly what his needs are. I think that qualifies as knowledge. I understand my first post on this topic didn't really come across as intended but I do get frustrated when there is a lack of consistency. I think the motability scheme (for carers) disproportionately benefits the better off, my parents took the money as they needed it to pay the bills. Again, I could be wrong on this. Happy to admit I don't have all the answers.

The increased numbers will only take us back to where we were prior to the cuts I understand.

More a political tool in case of an election. Adding in a 3 year roll out will see him as the saviour of mankind. In my experience numbers are not the issue, it's basic police work that is lacking & the bureaucracy which binds their hands which prevents them doing their jobs. Have been dealing with this first hand for over 12 months & have a good understanding of the current mindset.

advertisement

Back