advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+22)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from Brexit of course.
I said I don’t support tory ideology. It’s really quite clear.

Says the king of snide. You still didn't answer the simplest of questions as usual.
Snide posts invariably come from 1 of a dozen or so members, all hard-remainers as it happens. You can often tell such posts before reading because group members tend to ‘like’ such posts when aimed toward someone not in the group. It’s amusing, really.

Maybe you think that’s a snide comment? It’s really not.

The only questions I don’t answer are those of a personal nature that are none of your business. This is quite fair.

True that, but where the UK has been more or less flat since mid 2016 the other European countries had a large uptick after mid 2016 which ended at the start of 2019.
Looking at the 5 year with trend lines fairly flat, they are not so different except France doing slightly better. On the 1 year with the trend line all are going negative.
It could be Brexit, it could be a recession, your guess is as good as mine.

I said I don’t support tory ideology. It’s really quite clear.

Snide posts invariably come from 1 of a dozen or so members, all hard-remainers as it happens. You can often tell such posts before reading because group members tend to ‘like’ such posts when aimed toward someone not in the group. It’s amusing, really.

Maybe you think that’s a snide comment? It’s really not.

The only questions I don’t answer are those of a personal nature that are none of your business. This is quite fair.

Utter cod, the question wasn't personal you just dodged it as usual. It was simply will you be supporting Labour if they come out for Remain? Most of the 'snide' you complain about, you deliver in spades. The difference being others don't whine about it.

Oh no, Johnson has been invoking the BB word in a phone-in tonight....

A Polish national asked how Europeans can sleep peacefully, and Johnson said he wanted to pass immediately into law a provision for giving EU nationals automatic right to remain, while recognising it was crucial people living in the UK before the cut-off date get indefinite leave to remain.

The UK must protect the 3.2m European nationals living and working in the country, he said. “They have done huge amount of good, including Polish community .. Polish pilots played a pivotal role in Battle of Britain, we owe them an incalculable debt.”

Any excuse to bring back the glory days....I can't take any more of this madness

Is it a points system?

Battle of Britain 100/100
D Day landings 95/100
Cleaning Carrie’s flat 60/100*
Kebab shop 5/100

*subject to review. One weeks notice

Oh no, Johnson has been invoking the BB word in a phone-in tonight....

A Polish national asked how Europeans can sleep peacefully, and Johnson said he wanted to pass immediately into law a provision for giving EU nationals automatic right to remain, while recognising it was crucial people living in the UK before the cut-off date get indefinite leave to remain.
As a Brit, I’m still an EU national, and I’ve been pushing for the right to Remain for the last three years, so this is good news.

A Polish ski regiment was based in a bonded warehouse near where my grandmother lived during WW2. I shall head over there tomorrow and if I see any nonagenarians in white, with sub machine guns, carrying large wooden skis over their shoulder, I’ll impart the good news.

Ah, but don't forget the Johnson was talking, so he won't be called to account after he moves into No 10. Signora Nero is not celebrating yet, and she doesn't have Android, so can't apply for leave to remain yet.

First British black female bishop on Radio 4 today.

She described being racially abused in the street recently, when a passer-by told her to "go back to Africa.

Nothing to do with Brexit. But then, what is?

Stephen

There is a rise of hate crime all over the country and even in London, so often touted as the Remain utopia of the UK. I did some work with a company who, among other things, compile crime stats for London and the rise in hate crime is quite signifiant since 2016. Of course according to every level headed leaver (an oxymoron in itself in my opinion) this has nothing to do with Brexit and is just purely coincidental, but then again according to them we're going to be fine when we crash out of the EU so I suspect their ability to form an opinion is not exactly rooted in reality or logic.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 1930s...

There are fuller versions of the opening sirens that’s even more chilling, but a quick search couldn’t find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back