advertisement

The Tory leadership race- that’s quite a bestiary there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
vi175k.jpg

The real reason behind Johnson's bizarre model bus painting hobby story is that it knocks the "Boris NHS pledge bus" off the top of Google searches. Plus it distracts attention away from awkward questions...

I very much doubt it, that requires some thought. I think the internal dialogue was " Hobby? Shagging? drinking? "eating takeaways...errr that won't do; what would Churchill say?" "Painting that's it, painting!" " Oh no I've gone and said the c**t" "Too obvious a link, bugger! Right; busk: waffle, wibble, blurt, splurge...."

Jeremy Hunt: I would tell bust businesses no-deal Brexit was worth it

‘Party of business’. What a joke.

It’s a a good question though and one all leave voters should have to answer.

“Asked whether, under such a policy, he would be willing to look the owners of family businesses in the eye and say they should be prepared to see their companies go bust to ensure a no-deal Brexit, Hunt said: “I would do so but I’d do it with a heavy heart precisely because of the risks.””

He’s sad about destroying livelihoods. How noble.

At least he acknowledges there will be significant losses, unlike his serial-lying opponent.

I wonder how those Tories who voted Conservative under the misapprehension they were the part of business feel now?

I suspect that few party members run businesses these days. But their pension plans probably rely on them.

Stephen

Jeremy Hunt: I would tell bust businesses no-deal Brexit was worth it

‘Party of business’. What a joke.

It’s a a good question though and one all leave voters should have to answer.

“Asked whether, under such a policy, he would be willing to look the owners of family businesses in the eye and say they should be prepared to see their companies go bust to ensure a no-deal Brexit, Hunt said: “I would do so but I’d do it with a heavy heart precisely because of the risks.””

He’s sad about destroying livelihoods. How noble.

At least he acknowledges there will be significant losses, unlike his serial-lying opponent.

I wonder how those Tories who voted Conservative under the misapprehension they were the part of business feel now?

I suspect that few party members run businesses these days. But their pension plans probably rely on them.

Stephen

Hunt is getting desperate now, so it’s a full scale pissing contest with Johnson over whos prepared to carry out the greatest economic vandalism to appease the Tory Party membership.

“Hunt said he would tell business owners that a no-deal Brexit was necessary to maintain the UK’s image abroad as “a country where politicians do what the people tell them to do”.

The concept of representative democracy erased in one go.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...al-brexit-was-worth-it?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Hunt is getting desperate now, so it’s a full scale pissing contest with Johnson over whos prepared to carry out the greatest economic vandalism to appease the Tory Party membership.
He's got his sleeves rolled up for each appearance to show he's really getting stuck into this, so at least that's not as pathetic as the power stance they've had in the past.:rolleyes:

I very much doubt it, that requires some thought. I think the internal dialogue was " Hobby? Shagging? drinking? "eating takeaways...errr that won't do; what would Churchill say?" "Painting that's it, painting!" " Oh no I've gone and said the c**t" "Too obvious a link, bugger! Right; busk: waffle, wibble, blurt, splurge...."

I’m not so sure it wasn’t a manipulation. It would explain his extraordinary behaviour.

Have you tried Googling for Boris and bus now?

Stephen

“Hunt said he would tell business owners that a no-deal Brexit was necessary to maintain the UK’s image abroad as “a country where politicians do what the people tell them to do”.

The concept of representative democracy erased in one go.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...al-brexit-was-worth-it?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Apparently the government (i.e. we) are going to compensate businesses for the effects of an avoidable situation brought about by our own intransigence.

Total madness.

Stephen

Apparently the government (i.e. we) are going to compensate businesses for the effects of an avoidable situation brought about by our own intransigence.

Total madness.

Stephen
He will “slash corporation tax, take 90% of retail businesses out of rates and compensate farmers and the fishing industry for their losses”.
Where’s the money going to come from for that in the economic shock created by their hard Brexit? He claimed there’s £20bn extra treasury borrowing capacity. That’s going to be a drop in the ocean compared with what he’s offering- that is if it still exists once the damage to tax receipts occurs.

If Boris were to put all his election pledges on the side of a bus, at least 52% would vote for him, again.

R4 has Tory ministers on- Fox has described hard Brexit as “something the EU is doing to us”, while the hopeless Health Minister has described a Johnson premiership as “optimistic and liberal conservatism”. He has the charisma to get this done. Translates as “we are totally f__d”.

“Asked whether, under such a policy, he would be willing to look the owners of family businesses in the eye and say they should be prepared to see their companies go bust to ensure a no-deal Brexit, Hunt said: “I would do so but I’d do it with a heavy heart precisely because of the risks.”

I strongly believe he could happily look anyone in the eye and say anything. I’ve seldom seen a more obvious (IMO) psychopath.

The heavy heart stuff just seems to be an instrumental calculation of the trappings of social behaviour required to achieve the desired outcome.

I really think that a) all the stories about BJ are at least in part shills for Hunt, and b) Hunt is actually the more dangerous of the two. If Johnson gets in, he is more likely to have grown ups step in behind the scenes to take the crayons away when he’s wet himself. A Hunt premiership would be like the country getting raped by an incompetent velociraptor.

R4 has Tory ministers on- Fox has described hard Brexit as “something the EU is doing to us”, while the hopeless Health Minister has described a Johnson premiership as “optimistic and liberal conservatism”. He has the charisma to get this done. Translates as “we are totally f__d”.

May’s deal was a hard form of Brexit (no SM & CU). Back when the term hard Brexit was coined to describe genuine possible outcomes, no deal was nowhere near the intended possible meanings, because it was deemed too insane by even the ERG.

Well, Hancock was sounding chipper on R4- the worrying, elevated mood of an imbecile as he described the new Tory Manifesto- Joy Through Economic Obliteration.

Seems to be a very strong feeling among the far right around here (NEEssex) that their choice of leader will negotiate some amazing new deal with the EU.

I know it will be presented as such but they come across as totally deluded; again.

Boris can promise all he likes but most of that would never get through parliament or EU council.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back