advertisement

The Tory leadership race- that’s quite a bestiary there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s basically only one way Johnson can take this (following a short, unsuccessful faux bonhomie sortie over Brussels) and that’s threats followed by manufactured outrage. I’m afraid size is really going to matter in this contest and I’m not talking about the size of his ego.

Well, Hancock was sounding chipper on R4- the worrying, elevated mood of an imbecile as he described the new Tory Manifesto- Joy Through Economic Obliteration.

They are merely applying Schumpeters "creative destruction" theory.
Give them 10 years and we will be a low enough wage and standards economy that we might be able to get Foxconn's next factory to build Apple iPhones.

They are merely applying Schumpeters "creative destruction" theory.
Give them 10 years and we will be a low enough wage and standards economy that we might be able to get Foxconn's next factory to build Apple iPhones.

They will be fully automated by then, makes sense to have the factory close to the robot manufacturers which will be Foxconn, Panasonic, ABB, Fanuc etc do I see any UK companies in the top 30?, I don’t think I do.

I see Aldi is getting in on the Tory leadership race.
https://www.aldi.co.uk/paint-your-own-unicorn/p/016712287094302
Paint-Your-Own-Unicorn-A.jpg

Questions to Johnson at the NI husting. No specifics what so ever. He's just busking it...

Q: I asked my taxi driver on the way here what he would like to ask. He wanted to know why the MLAs were being paid. What would you do to get the assembly up and running again?

Johnson says he would urge all sides to get the assembly back running again.

Q: What are the problems?

Johnson says people know what the problems are. Compromise is needed.

Q: What would you do?

Johnson says he would do what needs to be done.

Hunt will probably be worse.

People need to remember this and the last 9 years at the next GE.

Questions to Johnson at the NI husting. No specifics what so ever. He's just busking it...

Q: I asked my taxi driver on the way here what he would like to ask. He wanted to know why the MLAs were being paid. What would you do to get the assembly up and running again?

Johnson says he would urge all sides to get the assembly back running again.

Q: What are the problems?

Johnson says people know what the problems are. Compromise is needed.

Q: What would you do?

Johnson says he would do what needs to be done.
He’s obviously been doing role play with his PR. “When you open your mouth to speak, do not put your great big foot in it. Now let’s try some bland platitudes you’ll have minimal trouble memorising”.

I watched one he did last week somewhere in the SW. The fact is, he can say virtually anything and it'll not make much difference. Tories like him. A lot.

No need, they’re already on Parliamentary record for past behaviour which is the best predictor of future behaviour . TBF the public’s just wantin them to get this done so we can move on™.

No need, they’re already on Parliamentary record for past behaviour which is the best predictor of future behaviour . TBF the public’s just wantin them to get this done so we can move on™.
So no need to, " ... watch the Labour benches to see who votes with him. "

From Asimov's Foundation Trilogy. I suspect Crosby has read it.

"In a rather simple way. It merely required the use of that much-neglected commodity -
common sense. You see, there is a branch of human knowledge known as symbolic logic,
which can be used to prune away all sorts of clogging deadwood that clutters up human
language."

"What about it?" said Fulham.

"I applied it. Among other things, I applied it to this document here. I didn't really need to for
myself because I knew what it was all about, but I think I can explain it more easily to five
physical scientists by symbols rather than by words."

"All right." Hardin replaced the sheets. "Before you now you see a copy of the treaty between
the Empire and Anacreon - a treaty, incidentally, which is signed on the Emperor's behalf by
the same Lord Dorwin who was here last week - and with it a symbolic analysis."

The treaty ran through five pages of fine print and the analysis was scrawled out in just under
half a page.

"As you see, gentlemen, something like ninety percent of the treaty boiled right out of the
analysis as being meaningless, and what we end up with can be described in the following
interesting manner:

"Obligations of Anacreon to the Empire: None!

Powers of the Empire over Anacreon: None!"

Stephen

There’s basically only one way Johnson can take this (following a short, unsuccessful faux bonhomie sortie over Brussels) and that’s threats followed by manufactured outrage. I’m afraid size is really going to matter in this contest and I’m not talking about the size of his ego.
Size being everything, he is the most massive of c*nts, as are all who approve of or enable him and his (I use the term very loosely) policies.

I listened to that. Johnson really is an utter bullshitter. Scary stuff if this guy is PM.
What’s just as grimy is that the lesser in the two evil race, Hunt, is dropping his previous positions in order to win Johnson supporters. One of Cameron’s advisors correctly identified him as ‘a windsock’ years ago.

Overnight, the magic money tree forest has doubled in size. In addition to tax cuts married to Corbyn sized public spending increases (against the backdrop of a £90bn collapse in treasury receipts), every part of the British Isles is to have its own magic Freeport where nothing is taxed and the pickings are shared out among the paups. Everyone can fill their boots, for it’s an economic miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back