advertisement

The Tory leadership race- that’s quite a bestiary there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder if actual Conservative voters really believe in either of these two?

One thing that amuses me is there has long been a comedy stereotype of a ‘Conservative Party member’; elderly, white, nationalist, a bit racist or homophobic, change-hating, comparatively wealthy and living in rural areas or suburbia, and both Johnson and Hunt are milking it for all they can! In effect a public admission that the party is just as blinkered, out-of-touch, archaic and irrelevant as the rest of us always suspected! A strategy as crazy as say Labour only attempting to target trade union member mill-workers or miners with flat-caps and whippets eating chip butties in council houses.

The thing that disturbs me the most is they have clearly assumed their membership is largely retired/non-working and as such are happy to sell-out business and the long-term national economy for power. I never though I’d see a Conservative Party so clearly failed and desperate it would turn on the hand that has historically fed it.

Jesus. The desperation gets worse, daily. What will they both be promising by Friday - the death penalty for poor people? Not that they haven’t already re-introduced it by stealth over the past 9 years, but hey....
It hasn’t been by stealth. They just keep repeating lies about how fantastic they are with everything until morons believe it. It’s a proven approach.

It is interesting that as soon as it is seen as acceptable to be a bit racist (or non-pc as some would have it) how quickly the descent begins. Labour is experiencing a similar thing with AS, I have a friend who retweets every bit of mindless gush in support of Chris Williamson, some of which is borderline at best.

Jeremy Hunt wants to bring back fox hunting - as part of countryside’s “heritage”

What are the odds that one of them will offer a vote on the death penalty?

Are they going all out for the members? What next? Same-sex marriage abolished, people of colour 'sent back to where they came from' and national service reintroduced?

Farage will want the smoking ban gone for any support.

Stephen
I’m confident that this is exactly where this is heading, right down to repealing legislation like equal marriage and blood sports. They’ll be burning effigies of ‘liberal’ class traitor Cameron outside the conference. A man couldn’t speak his mind in his own country for twenty years, now it’s pay back.

Boris now telling sun and express "readers" that he will turn us into the most prosperous economy in europe, end knife crime (by locking up "drugs gangs" i.e non-whites), increase stop and search, reinvigorate the north, the midlands and the education system with massive spending splurges and put 20,000 bobbies back on the beat.

All with no indication how it's to be paid for apart from a vague reference to sneaky old spreadsheet Phil's 26Bn war chest which has already been spent about 5 times over. Will they lap it up? You bet.

Meanwhile, Farage exclusively revelas "secret EU plot to make Britain remain"........

The "plot" being that they will allow us to have a no-deal exit (which he wants), and it will be so bad that we immediately have an election / referendum / rejoin.

Honestly, the mind boggles. Anyway, no more express for me, I need a wash now.

Waiting for Boris and Steve Bannon to kick the chair away?

s2qour.jpg

Bannon’s advice will be the same as he gave to Trump- “ tell them you have a larger penis”.

Treeza came to Stirling today to give an utterly pointless speech. Why us? Her shower are as popular as scrofula up here.

Treeza came to Stirling today to give an utterly pointless speech. Why us? Her shower are as popular as scrofula up here.
There's the baker's dozen (great old imperial measure) of Scottish Tory MPs and those who vote for them, which is more than the Lib-Dems had nationally remember. Plus she's trying to have saving the Union as her legacy, rather than Brexit failure. Good luck with that one. o_O

A strategy as crazy as say Labour only attempting to target trade union member mill-workers or miners with flat-caps and whippets eating chip butties in council houses.
How do you substantiate this claim with the Labour manifesto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back