advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+21)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You posted the graph which, it seems, is holy writ. That you think it actually means anything - oh my aching sides!

Keep graphing and carry on.....

You do know the graph is from an opinion survey by a credible organisation right and I didn't just make it up, right?

No, of course I know you do not nor would not invent stuff.

My point, which I did not take sufficient time to make, is that statistics based on opinion polls relating to possible voting habits cannot be accepted as a valid indication of future behaviour - even for the individuals polled.

Well I was just out at an adjoining town about 3 miles away and there it was... a placard tied to railings with an arrow pointing up the street and "Brexit Party. Change politics for good" writ large on it... No doubt another meeting in a working men's club.. in this always previously solid Labour ex coal mining area.

Where's Labour??? Anyone seen any sign of them?

No, of course I know you do not nor would not invent stuff.

My point, which I did not take sufficient time to make, is that statistics based on opinion polls relating to possible voting habits cannot be accepted as a valid indication of future behaviour - even for the individuals polled.

So you think it is not outside the realms of possibility that Labour could romp home?

It would be a conciliation if the brexshit party split the gammon vote and allowed Labour to romp home in a GE....
However, within weeks they are in second place behind Labour and have everything to gain...
I fear that the reality is going to be Bojo as next PM followed by a GE shortly after in which the brexshit party will win and we end up with fartridge as PM :(:mad::confused:

I was wondering what the fourth horseman of the modern day apocalypse was going to be. We got Trump and Brexit, Scottish Independence only narrowly failed to make it and is shaping up for a reshoe and another go if we don't sort out no. 2 above, so the fourth is clearly that lying frog faced racist piece of sh*t going for No 10.

If that happens I'm out of here, sod it. France or the Swiss Jura.

The Jura is quite cheap. About the same as northern England. Just avoid Geneva, Zurich and the tourist bits of the Alps for obvious reasons. BTW the Jura is the far NW of Switzerland, near besancon in France.

Isn’t it expensive?

I think it is necessary to have a job in Switzerland paying a Swiss salary to be able to afford to live here. Unless you have a few million stuffed behind the sofa I guess.

Canton Jura is probably the cheapest place to live in Switzerland though, it might be doable without working if you can bring lots of savings, are single and have low living costs.

Interesting column in the Guardian here about how the Tories are clearly loosing their middle-class pro-EU voters and how it will cost them dear. It rings true as I know my 84 year old life-long/tribal Tory father didn’t vote in the local election and won’t be voting in the EU election either as he has always been on the pro-EU/“wet” side if the party. He is unlikely to vote for anything else even though he admits the Lib Dems etc are right on this one, but it is enough to keep him at home.

I know very few Tories, but in that tiny subset the only other one I have actually talked to about this feels much the same. His wife actually joined the party fairly recently just to be able to vote against Johnson or any other hard-Brexit nutter in the leadership elections! I’m pretty sure if one of the alt-right popularists wins the Tory leadership their votes will both be gone too.

Canton Jura is probably the cheapest place to live in Switzerland though, it might be doable without working if you can bring lots of savings, are single and have low living costs.

Sounds good. The irony is a lot of people in the UK have invested in buying a home. That is essence is their savings. Following the EU Referendum, UK property prices have gone down quite a lot, especially in London. The idea of selling up and moving abroad to a relatively expensive country like Switzerland is receding.

Jack

Talking of alt-right popularists John Redwood was on Adam Boulton’s Sky program just now... what an absolute nutter! Full tilt “don’t trust experts” popularism on all topics from Brexit to climate change. A dangerously stupid man who really does seem to want to turn the Tory party into a sub-Tea Party-grade moronoshpere.

The Tories and Labour "are only half an inch apart" according to Rory Stewart, but I guess that depends on your idea of half an inch. :rolleyes: https://www.heraldscotland.com/news...and-labour-half-an-inch-apart-on-brexit-deal/
9871629.jpg

Talking of alt-right popularists John Redwood was on Adam Boulton’s Sky program just now... what an absolute nutter! Full tilt “don’t trust experts” popularism on all topics from Brexit to climate change. A dangerously stupid man who really does seem to want to turn the Tory party into a sub-Tea Party-grade moronoshpere.
And May had him knighted. Another example of her judgement void- when she told him, did she put ‘strengthen my hand, please?’ on the letter? It’s remarkable what Farage, a man who couldn’t get elected to Parliament seven times, has done to the Tory Party. The high stepping turkey wattle has reduced them to this and he’s not finished yet.

Sounds good. The irony is a lot of people in the UK have invested in buying a home. That is essence is their savings. Following the EU Referendum, UK property prices have gone down quite a lot, especially in London. The idea of selling up and moving abroad to a relatively expensive country like Switzerland is receding.

Jack

Unless you have a particular connection with Switzerland IMO Italy and France are better choices. After all you can be very close to the Swiss border without Swiss prices.

Unless you have a particular connection with Switzerland IMO Italy and France are better choices. After all you can be very close to the Swiss border without Swiss prices.
...and not having to eat Swiss food. It always amazes me that a country bordering on France and Italy can produce drudgery on a plate that would rival the worst if the Scandinavian countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back