advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+21)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched parts of The Marr Show. It started pretty badly with the newspaper review. Three women were involved: Sarah Vine of the Daily Mail, Stacey Dooley the broadcaster and Ella Whelan from Spiked Online.

The main story was the rise of Farage and The Brexit Party. All three women thought this was a good thing. They said people are annoyed that Brexit hasn't happened. Voters don't trust established Parties and most of them want to Leave with No Deal.

Andrew Marr was quite happy to go along with this. Ella Whelan stated she would vote for The Brexit Party. Vine seemed almost turned on by the rise of far right Parties in Europe and thought Donald Trump's impending visit fitted in well.

Vine also said voters favour big characters like Boris Johnson. None of the newspaper reviewers questioned the idea of Farage or The Brexit Party. Nor did Marr.

Corbyn was interviewed later. He still won't say he supports a second referendum/confirmatory vote. It is an option. Well I won't be voting for him or his Party, which is badly split on the issue.

Farage is doing well because he's firmly on one side of the fence. Corbyn remains seated on it, while he loses more and more supporters.

Jack

Corbyn was interviewed later. He still won't say he supports a second referendum/confirmatory vote. It is an option. Well I won't be voting for him or his Party, which is badly split on the issue.

Farage is doing well because he's firmly on one side of the fence. Corbyn remains seated on it, while he loses more and more supporters.

Jack
I maintain that, as far as I’m concerned, voting Labour in the EU elections and a GE is still very much an option which remains on the table. If I can’t get a Green candidate in the EU elections, or if Labour gets off the fence and unequivocally supports Remain, then the option of voting Labour will come to the fore. But I continue to press for other outcomes which, if achieved, may mean that the option is never exercised.

Some people think Corbyn said he would support a second referendum on The Marr Show. He did in a specific way, otherwise it was an option and didn't change my mind.

One of them is Paul Mason, who tweeted: "Corbyn actually quite clear at the top of this #Marr interview ... Get a "good deal" thru parliament and put it to a referendum. That's a change and effectively the position rejected at Labour's NEC."

Another is The Sun: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/9107213/jeremy-corbyn-labour-second-referendum-brexit/

"PANICKED Jeremy Corbyn today suggested that Labour WILL back a second referendum in his latest Brexit flip-flop.

"The leftie leader said there should be a "public vote" on any deal agreed by Parliament.

"The Labour leader told the BBC's Andrew Marr Show: "I want us to get a good deal and then have a decision of the public after that."

I agree he said the last sentence, but a good deal is not any deal. He was asked six times if supported a second referendum and kept saying it is an option.

Commentators, newspapers and MPs, are all saying Corbyn's stance means different things. This is down to Corbyn being afraid to lose votes. He has confused everybody in the process.

Jack

Last edited:
You do realise this is the same terrorist mindset that led to the brutal murder of Jo Cox? A political fundamentalist/extremist taking the law into their own hands.

I am utterly appalled Yaxley-lennon is able to take his fascism and incitement of racial/religious hatred onto our streets, and I firmly believe in the right of peaceful anti-fascist protest. My view, as stated countless times, is Yaxley-lennon is a hate-preacher exactly the same as Abu Hamza etc and should be proscribed.

I do not condone terrorism, either his kind, or yours!

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

They should be arrested under the incitement of religious and racial hatred act 2006 but it appears to me that an international cabal is actively allowing the rise of this scum... yeah call me conspiracy theory nutter or whatever, but whether it's a "illuminati" or Bilderberg or whatever there seems to be "a plan" being enacted that fascism will rise again...

European voting intention if Lab backed 2nd referendum with Remain as an option @OpiniumResearch

D636_dQXYAEXIfY.jpg

https://twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/1129835053876424704

I may have considered Labour if Corbyn had unequivocally backed another referendum and came out as an enthusiastic Remain party, but as I do postal voting, if he's going to come out and say that, he's left it too late.

It's depressing and frightening that a party led by a lying far-right-enabling conman is in the lead. Just think, Labour could have had a much better chance of thwarting Farage if Corbyn hadn't let the fence take root up his behind.

Wow, the bizarre thing there is they’d actually loose less votes to Farage! I was expecting the other progressives to drop, but not that!

One imagines that if Labour backs remain then a small amount of Farage support comes back to the Tories in a sort of Overton window effect.

Jeez, can this be true? Gammon Rising.

n4z7no.jpg

The hard right, from nowhere to second place in months.

This, on the efficacy of the decision tree-
“Neil Coyle, a Labour MP in a former Lib Dem seat, said: “Jeremy Corbyn has breathed life back into the Lib Dem carcass by appearing to be bailing out May. It’s an astonishingly damaging position and members are very angry. By appearing to face both ways on Brexit, voters are slapping both Labour’s faces.”

Yeah it's pretty grim, looking like lots of us may have to hold our noses and vote Labour at the next GE if Toady has visions of PM.

Yeah it's pretty grim, looking like lots of us may have to hold our noses and vote Labour at the next GE if Toady has visions of PM.
This remains an option. It’s a bit like Labour’s support for a second ref: I’ll consider it, if and when it is the only viable alternative to what I would prefer. In the meantime, Euro elections beckon, and they can go whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back