advertisement

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread part II

I suspect that it is much more to do with Bournemouth than the Manchester clubs, he is a decent bloke but not very good with player purchase...Norwich still remember Wolf Winkle!

Yes, that was the lowest point at home, rapidly followed by 2-0 to Cardiff.

Not all of the signings have been bad, Bernardo looks class, Bissouma is very skilful but needs to cut out mistakes but will improve next season and Montoya looks solid. Jahanbaksh has been awful though, no goals, no assists. Neither Andone nor Locadia have been given decent runs in the first team which had been set up to feed Murray.

The other signings were either to strengthen the squad (Button, Burn, Balogun) or loaned back to their current clubs.

p.s. It was our FA Cup runs that were ended by Utd last year (quarter final) and City (at Wembley) this year.

Have they got a replacement lined up?
If the chairman really thinks they were at the end of the line with Houghton the 12 weeks to the start of next season isn’t long to get someone in who can turn it round.
Big Fat Sam’s available, and OGS might be soon.

Didn't he get Newcastle up, and promptly get the sack?
Yeah, it seems to be his reward for doing a decent job with very limited funds.

Brighton will probably hand a blank cheque book to the next manager.

It seems harsh to everyone outside of the club but you have to ask the ones that watch them play week in, week out and see what they say. If conservative organised, defensive based football is Chris' thing, then just surviving might not be enough for paying punters who want to see a bit of entertainment.

Chris Hughton given his marching orders https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48251716

I'm a bit conflicted about this. He has been brilliant for the club, taken us up from the Championship to the Premier League and kept us there for two seasons (just) and a couple of good FA Cup runs, ended by the Manc teams. However, his record in the Premier League hasn't been great and the football this year (2019) has been nothing short of terrible, we've been playing like the away team at the Amex, and our away record has been woeful. It was only our home form that kept us up though that collapsed this year, 5 points from 7 "winnable" games prior to the City game.

He is a true gent and I wish him well in the future (probably with another Championship club looking for promotion, he's good at that).

He is now third favourite* for the Celtic job and has always come across as decent honest (maybe too nice at times) guy. If I can pick your brains, would you say he is cautious or cavalier in the style he sets teams up for? Any comments about his pluses and minuses would be welcome?

* Behind Lennon and Moyes.

He is now third favourite* for the Celtic job and has always come across as decent honest (maybe too nice at times) guy. If I can pick your brains, would you say he is cautious or cavalier in the style he sets teams up for? Any comments about his pluses and minuses would be welcome?

* Behind Lennon and Moyes.

The consensus is that he's a bit Mobray.

Harsh on Hughton, a decent man. Recruitment has been a weakness but that is more down to the guy who has done the sacking - they may easily end up with worse.

Hughton is very cautious. I can understand wanting to be solid at the back and not conceding, but...

In the early part of the season we did press, up to a point but more recently, when the opposition have the ball, the team just funnels back and defends about 25 yards out. Guess what, we got most of our points early on

In the Championship we battered most teams with good attacking football. At Celtic he would probably attack but European games he would park the bus.

Hughton is very cautious. I can understand wanting to be solid at the back and not conceding, but...

In the early part of the season we did press, up to a point but more recently, when the opposition have the ball, the team just funnels back and defends about 25 yards out. Guess what, we got most of our points early on

In the Championship we battered most teams with good attacking football. At Celtic he would probably attack but European games he would park the bus.

Thanks seagull, well parking the bus in Europe would be an improvement on Rogers' madness of seven nill humpings.

of course, 90 minutes of singing and passion and banter, then friends again. My best mate is a Arsenal fan, we go to games together occasionally.

used to a season ticket holder at WHL, sold it to my brother when work kept me from attending. Still go to see Spurs play, also go to watch St Albans play regularly and Stevenage Boro.

When I am travelling I try to catch a local game, sometimes it isn't football.....atmosphere pah you idiot - ever been to a cricket ODI in India, or Pakistan. Ever been camel racing in UAE, or KSA?
Yes, been to a cricket ODI in India, rugby union international in South Africa, loads of AFL, baseball in the US, ice hockey in Canada.

I make a post (if your friend had made it perhaps you'd call it "banter") about Spurs being detested, you put me on your list of people who are bigots who behave like schools kids and... c*nts and also call me an idiot. Perhaps you should look at the AUP and also look at your own behaviour. Shameful.

That is nothing, I have been to a conker festival, Adeyfield Athletic in a forgettable local football cup, and shove 'alf penny in the Berkhamsted open cup.
Beat that yuppies

Bloss

Real Madrid are supposedly going to sign Eden Hazard for 86 Million Quid after the Europa League Final with the Arses. https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/13/real...as-europa-league-final-clash-arsenal-9518137/

Cheap gits. We want more than that.

It is a good job the Russian director bird bought Christian Pulisic from Dortmund in January. He will have to score more than eight goals though, which is his current total. They are obviously a bit slack in Germany.

Jack

advertisement

Back