advertisement

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but La casa de papel / money heist is fantastic , you'll find it under international films .

Not a fan of Ricky Gervais but After Life is amazing.

i love how people say this about almost everything he does, going back to the office.

"i'm really not a fan of abba, but i have to confess that, when i listen to them, their albums are amazing".

Maybe I should have been more succinct?
I will revise my statement for you.
“I have found everything I have ever seen Ricky gervais in, going back to and including ‘the office’ totally, head scratchingly and bewilderingly unfunny, but ‘After Life’ is a wonderful exception!”

Maybe I should have been more succinct?
I will revise my statement for you.
“I have found everything I have ever seen Ricky gervais in, going back to and including ‘the office’ totally, head scratchingly and bewilderingly unfunny, but ‘After Life’ is a wonderful exception!”
Totally, never did get the Office humour at all, dunno why this new show works for me, maybe cos I'm older now or recognising some similar experiences/events, anyway well worth a look if you've written him off before now

I loved the Office, and Extra's - but his standup stuff (especially his early stuff) was real poor imo… Derek grew on me, but Afterlife is amazing... but I think it's because where I was in my life when each of the shows were on made me appreciate them...

elsewhere, I watched the first episode of Maniac last night and it didn't really do much for me..

Not Amazon et. al. but ITV's Cheat is absolutely hilarious if you have any experience of plagiarism in Universities.

I have to suspend belief less watching Star Trek.

Quite entertaining so far though.

Stephen

The guys behind it also did Se7en and Deadpool, it ain't for kids :)

Just watched the first 3 episodes, well worth checking out, an above average Netflix show

Yeah Ep 3 is NSFW

Gus

On the subject of animation, Netflix’s The Kirlian Frequency is intriguing. A series of five short animations revolving around an Argentinian radio station and the local mysterious town.

Mick

I rarely watch anything. My wife watches lots of stuff. Ten minutes into watching Afterlife on her iPad with earphones she suggested we should watch it on the tele as she said I'd love it.

I was sceptical but after three episodes last night I can confirm it's utterly brilliant on so many levels. Brilliantly written, superb acting and so far I've laughed out loud quite a bit and also cried. It's a must watch. I defy anyone to dislike it.

Really hooked on the Netflix Formula 1: Drive To Survive series.

Amazed how candid some of the footage is for such a secrative industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back