advertisement

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The animation on the last one (Secret War") was the most realistic I've ever seen.

Some great stories in there—it's a proper SF/horror anthology. Hope they do a more SF based one next.

Stephen
I will add my thumbs up to Love Death Robots. Creative, intelligent, way above most TV fare. Would agree that the fantasy/horror stuff not exactly my fav, but it's well done.

Really hooked on the Netflix Formula 1: Drive To Survive series.

Amazed how candid some of the footage is for such a secrative industry.

i watched the 1st episode yesterday and was rather disappointed. very little technical information. adolescent obsession with crashes at the beginning. worst of all, were the drivers. i haven't watched formula 1 in ages so, although i know the names, i have never witnessed the personalities. what a bunch of arrogant, preening little boybanders.

i watched the 1st episode yesterday and was rather disappointed. very little technical information. adolescent obsession with crashes at the beginning. worst of all, were the drivers. i haven't watched formula 1 in ages so, although i know the names, i have never witnessed the personalities. what a bunch of arrogant, preening little boybanders.

I felt similarly. The documentary about the 2017 McLaren season was much better - a real look behind the scenes at struggling team.

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but La casa de papel / money heist is fantastic , you'll find it under international films .
Sure is!

As for After Life, it’s okay but is moping around saying cnut that funny?

Netflix - The Miami Showband Massacre.

Disturbing questions arise about collusive and corrupt behaviour of the British army and Protestant para-militaries during The Troubles. A timely reminder about why we need to ensure that the GFA is supported by all communities in NI.

‘Free Solo’ is amazing, my legs were jelly and hands and feet have never sweated so much watching a film.

“Professional rock climber Alex Honnold attempts to conquer the first free solo climb of famed El Capitan's 900-metre vertical rock face at Yosemite National Park”.

(It’s a paid for item on Prime, but if you hurry you’ll get it on National Geographic on catch up/on demand).

All The Notes, a Cecil Taylor documentary on Prime is worth a look if you like his unique approach to the piano and jazz in general. There is some new Zappa stuff up there too, e.g. The Roxy but I’ve not watched it yet. Some Cabaret Voltaire too.

‘Free Solo’ is amazing, my legs were jelly and hands and feet have never sweated so much watching a film.

“Professional rock climber Alex Honnold attempts to conquer the first free solo climb of famed El Capitan's 900-metre vertical rock face at Yosemite National Park”.

(It’s a paid for item on Prime, but if you hurry you’ll get it on National Geographic on catch up/on demand).

Try Valley Uprising on Netflix, it charts the history of assorted climbers and headcases who have scaled El Capitan. Excellent.

Just started the series called 'Hanna' on Amazon Prime.

I recall Saoirse Ronan playing the lead role in the movie of the same name.

Think this could be a binger!

All The Notes, a Cecil Taylor documentary on Prime is worth a look if you like his unique approach to the piano and jazz in general. There is some new Zappa stuff up there too, e.g. The Roxy but I’ve not watched it yet. Some Cabaret Voltaire too.

On Prime Tony?

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back