advertisement

System pics 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago I sold a transport to a chap in Russia. He had a crazy horn system, with amplification by a brand called Phase Style. Best amps he’d heard apparently, and urged me to listen if I ever got the chance.

I got the chance. :)

Incidentally, this isn’t a very popular purchase here. What I’ve essentially managed to do is sell all my valve amps with the birth of our son in readiness for a child friendly front room and then buy monoblocks that are collectively hotter than the sun just as he’s learnt to pull himself up on the sideboard.

That's a bit like me and motorbikes.... (maybe cables too ;-)

Incidentally, this isn’t a very popular purchase here. What I’ve essentially managed to do is sell all my valve amps with the birth of our son in readiness for a child friendly front room and then buy monoblocks that are collectively hotter than the sun just as he’s learnt to pull himself up on the sideboard.

You should be ok. He’ll possibly touch them once.

About time I posted an (untidy) pic. Cheap phone I'm afraid.

teSkDv.jpg

Just figured out how to post photos after all this time- I’m use to just uploading from my computer.
I’m using my living room for listening and my dining room for the components and my washing station- it’s a sore point with my wife having the Loricraft sitting out :)
63-BAEBBF-31-A4-4-CF3-93-E0-D54520420-FF2.jpg

2-D9251-B3-C2-AA-41-BE-9-B61-72-A58-D0-E2771.jpg
9-D0-C47-CA-6-C7-C-440-A-AA81-3488-BD2145-B0.jpg
K
C7-F0-F017-2-F12-4027-A0-C5-22-A1-D3-D94-E0-D.jpg

9-A5-CA7-A6-31-BF-4-F9-C-A2-B8-8-C7-EB427-D30-E.jpg

9-F9-B3-F3-E-E1-AA-4-A67-A2-F6-525-B4-AE3-BBBD.jpg

Just figured out how to post photos after all this time- I’m use to just uploading from my computer.
I’m using my living room for listening and my dining room for the components and my washing station- it’s a sore point with my wife having the Loricraft sitting out :)
My RCM is banished to the loft !
You can imagine how awkward it is to use when it's nowhere near the records...
I have to admit, they aren't the most attractive of things.

I wouldn't mind, but I keep the lounge hifi free to keep her happy.

About time I posted an (untidy) pic. Cheap phone I'm afraid.

teSkDv.jpg

Nice set up! Can you please expand a little on the RP6 cartridge / phono stage? Just curious as I have an RP6 and wondering whether to plunge for the Aria over the Fono2, or wait and upgrade the entire deck. Plus where did you get those funky record storage cubes?

First up, managed to bag a Rega Saturn to try after having a Mk1 Planet, Apollo-2000 and Apollo-R in the past.

Rega Saturn
by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

And finally got round to buying some GIK panels, I've been researching it since we moved in 2-years ago but we had a nice little bonus at work so went for it.
Decided to start with treating the 1st reflection points, and 2nd is done with the sofa and panel under the TV. I also have some rear diffusors/absorbers behind the listening seat with another thin panel to go up the other side of the window.

Then to finally get round to decorating!

System

System

System

63-BAEBBF-31-A4-4-CF3-93-E0-D54520420-FF2.jpg

2-D9251-B3-C2-AA-41-BE-9-B61-72-A58-D0-E2771.jpg
9-D0-C47-CA-6-C7-C-440-A-AA81-3488-BD2145-B0.jpg
K
C7-F0-F017-2-F12-4027-A0-C5-22-A1-D3-D94-E0-D.jpg

9-A5-CA7-A6-31-BF-4-F9-C-A2-B8-8-C7-EB427-D30-E.jpg

9-F9-B3-F3-E-E1-AA-4-A67-A2-F6-525-B4-AE3-BBBD.jpg

That can't be a UK house, it's too big! Nice job.

My RCM is banished to the loft !
You can imagine how awkward it is to use when it's nowhere near the records...
I have to admit, they aren't the most attractive of things.

I wouldn't mind, but I keep the lounge hifi free to keep her happy.

Ya I agree, I told her I would move it out when we have company over for dinner in that room- let’s just say it has never moved :)

That can't be a UK house, it's too big! Nice job.

Nope, I’m across the pond freezing my arse off in this Canadian winter!
Cheers for the compliment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back