advertisement

System pics 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologise. You'll find the pearl handled revolver in the desk drawer, there's a good chap.

Ah, I blame my iPad for that one. I can never remember if we are supposed to be English or American these days, and since it seems to know where I live I let it guide me when I can’t decide between the two alternatives.

Dispatch or despatch? That gives me sleepless nights as well.

32243971888_15cb2198b2.jpg

What a great room - the design of the speakers is really attractive - what are they?
B&O BeoVox MS150? I love that retro-futuristic look. I bet it's Jacob Jensen design. He did the Beosystem 4500 which I thought was the coolest thing when I was growing up.

Sbt x 2 is because there are two systems operating. On the left is the Technics SH-X1000 DAC in the Lentek integrated amp. On the right is the Kinshaw Perception DAC into a Denon PMA850 amp. I have Yamaha NS1000M attached to one amp and the Beovox MS150.2 attached to the other.

That's an impressive piece if hardware, but isn't that a rather plebeian radio station it is tuned into? Like using using the Berliner Philharmoniker to tell you what you want, what you really really want.

That's an impressive piece if hardware, but isn't that a rather plebeian radio station it is tuned into? Like using using the Berliner Philharmoniker to tell you what you want, what you really really want.
I’m listening to Laura Keunsberg tellin me worra think, worra really really think.

Sbt x 2 is because there are two systems operating. On the left is the Technics SH-X1000 DAC in the Lentek integrated amp. On the right is the Kinshaw Perception DAC into a Denon PMA850 amp. I have Yamaha NS1000M attached to one amp and the Beovox MS150.2 attached to the other.

Could you not use one SBT and feed coax into one DAC and optical into the other? (None of my business, I know - just curious as I’m going to try a similar arrangement.)

Wee update. New carpet fitted, but beforehand I ran cables under the floor and tidied everything up. Quads don’t like this arrangement, but I knew they’d not work well in the new arrangement. Main system is on one side of the room, with dedicated spur; other side houses the mighty Mjolnir for headphone duties. TV is 55” for scale; we’ll be moving this soon, so there’ll be nothing between the speakers. Amp is Eastern Electric M520, SBT and Mytek Brooklyn, both powered by LPSU (the box beneath). Headphones are Stax 007 mk1s.

Sorry for the sub-par pics; taken on a phone in dim light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back