advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+10)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony is not just the clown- it’s a clown pageant

I'm actually finding the entire thing hilarious, the EU have shut the back door and locked the attic window so now we're looking like the wee bungalow that's left underneath the motorway that has just by-passed it.

Eric Blair's vision of the future has just about arrived.

I give it ten years before Gibraltar has been 'traded' and maybe 20 years until a United Ireland not that I care much about Gibraltar but a UI delivered by a Tory party is just the icing on the Brexit cake for me:D

BBC Newsnight- continuing the great tradition of giving a voice to the people- a man on a boat says “We should just walk away- show them Europeans we mean business”. That’s it right there- the quintessence of ****ing Brexit.

This looming future is too dull, pedestrian and cringingly tedious to be Orwell. Du Maurier's Rule Britannia is closer IMHO.

Don't know, all of that will of the people pish and we ain't gonna get no better deal so just suck it up suckers and May's doing the best she can nonsense that every talking head has been spouting tonight sounds very 1984 to me and it also all sounds very Captain Mainwaring (sp) 'oh, just get on with it boy!'

The EU's has done us up like a kipper.

Gawd love the Tories.

But the USUK will take over the NHS and make people pay. People just don't value things that they get for free. If they are forced to give large global companies lots of money to get what they have already paid for via taxation and national insurance, then they will value it more. USUK ALL THE WAY!

We just need to get rid of some of that pesky EU regulation designed to protect the population at large from conglomerates. Bloody commies!

(I appreciate USUK is not as well known as INGSOC, and it really isn't one of her better books)

But the USUK will take over the NHS and make people pay. People just don't value things that they get for free. If they are forced to give large global companies lots of money to get what they have already paid for via taxation and national insurance, then they will value it more. USUK ALL THE WAY!

We just need to get rid of some of that pesky EU regulation designed to protect the population at large from conglomerates. Bloody commies!

(I appreciate USUK is not as well known as INGSOC, and it really isn't one of her better books)

So finally the 'Brexit dividend' terminology makes sense: Dividend to shareholders of the companies that will run the NHS.

To which I say "I hope you enjoy 10 more years of Tory rule" (and we'll still be out of the EU).
So, if Labour don't win the next GE, running against the most incompetent shower of shoite ever to wear a Tory rosette, that'll be our fault?

Seriously?

So, if Labour don't win the next GE, running against the most incompetent shower of shoite ever to wear a Tory rosette, that'll be our fault?

Seriously?
Well no. It's now very clear what the different parties stand for and whose interests they primarily represent - the next GE won't be decided on perceptions of competence. Labour are going to win, but if they don't it will be because a sufficient number of people don't share their priorities and values. For many here, that means prioritising something that inconveniences them (Brexit) over something that likely affects them not at all (austerity). It's not really your fault, as such, you're just doing what you're supposed to do.

Well no. It's now very clear what the different parties stand for and whose interests they primarily represent - the next GE won't be decided on perceptions of competence. Labour are going to win, but if they don't it will be because a sufficient number of people don't share their priorities and values. For many here, that means prioritising something that inconveniences them (Brexit) over something that likely affects them not at all (austerity). It's not really your fault, as such, you're just doing what you're supposed to do.

Inconveniences? Typically underplayed when it's not your priority Sean. Brexit will be ruinous for some and will adversely affect austerity in many ways. The fact that some of the worst affected will have voted for it still doesn't make it desirable for a party with their interests at heart. Avoiding such a mess ought to be a priority for any party that wants to reverse austerity. Votes are earned if you are not already a slavish convert and Labour need many more to win a GE.

I have voted Labour at every election bar a couple where the Lib Dem was the only chance of unseating the Tory and will vote Labour this time - but I'm under no illusions. There won't be enough change their previous options if Labour can't focus on removing this nonsense threat to the economy.

It's prioritising a strategy that might work, both for the country and for getting Labour in, over a position and a strategy which hasn't, doesn't and won't, and over the unhealthy prejudices held by the upper echelons of the party.

What sort of proportions of the relevant pieces of pie do you think will vote Labour?
brexit-chart.jpg

I didn't bet on it. Didn't see anyone offering odds. But you need to keep up. There's a legal challenge being heard today.

I know there's a legal challenge being held today.

I don't know why you persist with this continual passive aggressive (bordering on plain aggressive) posting style that you have, it's pretty tiresome.

Congratulations on probably your most patronising post for a while, Sean. And in such a crowded field, too.

You simply don't get, do you, that most of the people here criticising Labour's stance on Brexit are doing so because they really want to vote for them (and, in all probability, Corbyn). But Brexit is such an obvious clusterfvck, and so obviously so very, very damaging to this nation, that it simply overshadows everything else at the moment. You don't see that, because Jeremy doesn't see it like that. It's not really your fault, that's what you're supposed to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back