advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+10)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff1d1l

pfm Member
One thing I'm pretty sure of: May would be in a much, much stronger position now had Labour done all the things that the Miller crowd has been demanding they do.
What an odd thing to be sure of. Must indeed be a deeply held feeling.

A little like mine that had Labour come out against brexit right away, not colluded in article 50, maybe mounted the legal challenge that Miller did so they could take the credit for the standing up for parliamentary sovereignty it represents, and opposed, they might be ahead in the polls and not have to rely on pisspoor apologist whingers saying polls don't matter, and the media are all against us, they might, just might, actually have something like a movement behind them instead of melting away, a voter base comprised of those who respect their views held with conviction and they would be the corresponding voter bonus. Remember, only 17.5M voted for this shitshow - that's a lot of votes just waiting for Labour to pick them up.

A little like mine that had Labour come out against brexit right away, not colluded in article 50, maybe mounted the legal challenge that Miller did so they could take the credit for the standing up for parliamentary sovereignty it represents, and opposed, they might be ahead in the polls and not have to rely on pisspoor apologist whingers saying polls don't matter, and the media are all against us, they might, just might, actually have something like a movement behind them instead of melting away, a voter base comprised of those who respect their views held with conviction and they would be the corresponding voter bonus. Remember, only 17.5M voted for this shitshow - that's a lot of votes just waiting for Labour to pick them up.

A narrow view, opinionated shitshow I'm afraid.

One thing I'm pretty sure of: May would be in a much, much stronger position now had Labour done all the things that the Miller crowd has been demanding they do.

I'm equally sure of the opposite.

Sean & Harry - you are both sincere & passionate Labour Party faithful, but this single-minded support of Corbyn appears to be exactly what is preventing you from seeing that taking the stance that Gina M proposes would be the outstandingly courageous move of a true leader that would finally blow the Tories out of the water. Instead of sinking into the quicksand of the current stance.

Anyway, not so long till we all find out what actually transpires...

Labour didn't come out fighting after the EU Referendum and are going to lose lot of supporters. They certainly don't deserve to get into power. What a bunch of cowards they have been over arguably the most important decision of the last 45 years.

At least the Scots are doing the decent thing. It will be sad when the UK breaks apart, because Tory and Labour Brexiteers have decided to bow down to the racists in the nation.

Jack

Last edited:
So what happens when it (inevitably) gets voted down in the commons? I heard a couple of Tory MPs earlier saying - "she can then go back to the EU and get a better deal" - but that doesn't seem on from everything I've heard.

They have a movement behind them, ready to keep pushing despite reservations and anxieties. They also have a large number of people trolling them who have basically been wrong about everything since before Corbyn was elected leader, and who would never support them in a million years. Why would Labour listen to their advice, even for a moment?

Wow, you actually think Labour could do even worse than poll roughly level with the worst Tory government in UK history? Way to set a high bar!
For someone so committed to Europe you aren't paying much attention to what's going on there. It is remarkably easy for social democratic parties to do much, much worse than incompetent and malign right wing governments right now. Labour are doing exceptionally well, in uniquely challenging circumstances.

So, it's the 11th December. A couple of weeks for the whips to pop peerages, knighthoods or indiscretions into the conversation

hqdefault.jpg

@MVV - if you are still looking for 4/1 on ‘deal’ I think you can currently get 9/2. I think I’ll be putting something on that tomorrow.

^The right-wing press would call *anyone* who calls for another referendum an enemy of the people/Brexit betrayer/traitor (insert word or phrase of choice), not just Jeremy Corbyn. To which I say 'fvck 'em.'
To which I say "I hope you enjoy 10 more years of Tory rule" (and we'll still be out of the EU).

C4 News interviewed three of the government’s MPs -
One wanted remain, one wanted total Brexit, one wanted May’s deal. Welcome to your easiest deal ever Brexit

C4 News interviewed three of the government’s MPs -
One wanted remain, one wanted total Brexit, one wanted May’s deal. Welcome to your easiest deal ever Brexit

Did you not see the clown, I mean, Welsh secretary guy with the bloke in the background with the placards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back