advertisement

System pics 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not one to tidy up for a system pic, real life warts n all...

my music room >>>

I have yet to sort out the cables and tidy the place up, and the room needs decorating... I have better things to do*

*I have got a special thing I made to hide all the wires, but I cannot be arsed to fit it as I am still farting aboot with stuff.

For the curious, here is the seating position...

Now I really like that. Do you have a significant other, Tabs?.. and if so, is that the only room in the house she has no say over? That's the deal in our gaff, and it's a nice 'me' space.

Now I really like that. Do you have a significant other, Tabs?.. and if so, is that the only room in the house she has no say over? That's the deal in our gaff, and it's a nice 'me' space.

'Mein Schatz,' as I refer to the wife (purely for comedic effect) has no say mostly because she moved into MY house, albeit many years ago. The room has been my music room since 1994 - and is the main reason I purchased the house (semi-detached with adjoining hallways plus 2ft.+ height drop twixt houses) - Any house move would be based around a specific room for music and being able to blast the HiFi at disrespectful volumes...
It is the living room that has a view, the other (T.V.) room has no view because it doesn't need one. (I dislike T.V. in general)
I do invite the missus to use the room, but she never does. She will listen to music with me, but only if we play cards or summat. She does not 'just' listen to music. Saying that, the missus can hear the difference when large sums of money are spent on tiny things. Most of the time.
She has her own record box, which I have filled with Cilla Black, Anita Baker and The (f*cking) Judds/crap like that.

Mein Schatz does have her own office/dumping ground for more shoes/clothes/coats.
It is next to the spare bedroom, which has more records/bits of HiFi in it.:)

Can you recall where you got the remote control holder?

I got them on Amazon can't remember how much but a few quid I think. It will hold four remotes which are easy to take out as can be seen,.

They are called j-me Cosy.

'Mein Schatz,' as I refer to the wife (purely for comedic effect) has no say mostly because she moved into MY house, albeit many years ago. The room has been my music room since 1994 - and is the main reason I purchased the house (semi-detached with adjoining hallways plus 2ft.+ height drop twixt houses) - Any house move would be based around a specific room for music and being able to blast the HiFi at disrespectful volumes...
It is the living room that has a view, the other (T.V.) room has no view because it doesn't need one. (I dislike T.V. in general)
I do invite the missus to use the room, but she never does. She will listen to music with me, but only if we play cards or summat. She does not 'just' listen to music. Saying that, the missus can hear the difference when large sums of money are spent on tiny things. Most of the time.
She has her own record box, which I have filled with Cilla Black, Anita Baker and The (f*cking) Judds/crap like that.

Mein Schatz does have her own office/dumping ground for more shoes/clothes/coats.
It is next to the spare bedroom, which has more records/bits of HiFi in it.:)

Same here.. the new house had to be detached and a substantial man cave sized room. Sadly my better half doesn't get it, and certainly doesn't hear the difference between systems or components, but she does enjoy listening to music, and I thankfully don't suffer the 'I hope she doesn't sell my hifi for what I told her it was worth' phobia.

Reactions: MVJ
Same here.. the new house had to be detached and a substantial man cave sized room. Sadly my better half doesn't get it, and certainly doesn't hear the difference between systems or components, but she does enjoy listening to music, and I thankfully don't suffer the 'I hope she doesn't sell my hifi for what I told her it was worth' phobia.

When we downsize in 2020 it is mainly because we have a huge garden/double garage and too many bedrooms so another man cave music room is still
on the agenda .

My other half grew up in a house where they did'nt even have radio never mind any kind of music player so she is a lost cause but she will sit with me in
the evenings if there's nothing on the box for her to watch.

A few pictures of my man cave & no I'm not ocd just a tidy person honest:rolleyes:

Most of my vinyl has recently been removed as I'm trying to decide if the vinyl side will go as we are downsizing in 2020.

IMG_1289 by stephen taylor, on Flickr

IMG_1287 by stephen taylor, on Flickr

IMG_1285 by stephen taylor, on Flickr

IMG_1292 by stephen taylor, on Flickr

IMG_1293 by stephen taylor, on Flickr

Noooooooooo, don't do it, M, there's always room for your collection. Nice room by the way, I hope a system downsize won't be in the offing too, the Cheviots look lush.

When we downsize in 2020 it is mainly because we have a huge garden/double garage and too many bedrooms so another man cave music room is still
on the agenda .

My other half grew up in a house where they did'nt even have radio never mind any kind of music player so she is a lost cause but she will sit with me in

Good man.. I was fearing for your future sanity. Once you've had a lovely space like that, to try and live without might be a big ask. I'm finally getting around to setting out my room, after finishing the chores that were ''more important'' since acquiring our new place. I'm learning that some equipment thinning out will be required, and the room rejiggalling, but all in good time. I might even get around to posting up the Bazcave on here, fingers crossed, unless more important jobs are discovered. lol

My wife can always find something to watch on T.V. I made the mistake of getting a freeview digital recording box thingy, now it is filling up with Poldark/Something aboot a Midwife/CSI/other crap I cannot recall.

Noooooooooo, don't do it, M, there's always room for your collection. Nice room by the way, I hope a system downsize won't be in the offing too, the Cheviots look lush.

Thanks! I am really torn about the vinyl I guess I need to focus on other things first my system is totally set now has been for a number of years so no discussion there. The Chevvies were the last piece of the jigsaw for me and the addition of the heavy stands just blew my mind when I put them in the system. A local lad in Leeds did the reveneer using board rather tha this thin stuff really nice job too but bloody heavy now I can tell you.

I know what you mean about chores pain in the butt eh! Get some pics on of your room developing it will be interesting to watch it take shape. Steve.

My wife can always find something to watch on T.V. I made the mistake of getting a freeview digital recording box thingy, now it is filling up with Poldark/Something aboot a Midwife/CSI/other crap I cannot recall.

Hilary is a big fan of thriller detective type drama's so she gets out of my hair on a regular basis which is nice when it happens as I can play the (weird stuff as she calls it) at sensible volumes of course:cool: STEVE.

Hilary is a big fan of thriller detective type drama's so she gets out of my hair on a regular basis which is nice when it happens as I can play the (weird stuff as she calls it) at sensible volumes of course:cool: STEVE.

you have hair!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back