advertisement

The World Cup In Russia 2018

The best team won.
Hand to ball for me so Penalty.
Not the grim WC we were lead to believe- shame there weren't more England fans there to witness England's progress. Be interesting if England can actually build some momentum from here.
Overall some great games from a memorable tournament.

Now it's over it's back to the Chairboys at Adams Park 4th August, with the Seasiders first up.

Not the grim WC we were lead to believe- shame there weren't more England fans there to witness England's progress.

A lot of that is down to the non-stop anti-Putin/Russian propaganda spewed by May and her government through the BBC and Murdoch outlets.

I thought there might have been trouble with Russian football hooligans, who are very heavy, but there wasn't. The whole thing came across as an epic jamboree of football and it was good to see VAR in action.

Lots of England supporters said they had a great time and how friendly the Russians are. Of course this doesn't mean to say it isn't an authoritarian state, but England isn't far from that.

I switched between ITV and the BBC in the build up to the game. On ITV they showed the World Cup celebrations in the stadium, with lots of singing and dancing featuring people like Will Smith. I didn't see this on the BBC when I turned over. It if wasn't covered, it's all part of the Tory propaganda game.

May wants us to hate the Russians and Putin, while she ideologically fellates Trump.

Sky are on the attack again. A correspondent said Russia might have looked good during The World Cup, but it will soon be back to its normal repressive state.

The Russians did well and their stadiums looked cool. It's a pity the wrong team won with the help of the ref. Mbappe is excellent, but it was good to see the French getting soaked as they went to collect the Cup, even if two of them play for Chelsea.

Jack

How many PL teams have feeder clubs? very few, City are hardly in a similar situation compared to most clubs. A team like Chelsea sign and then loan so many players that in my view it must restrict opportunities for their youngsters.

Your view in my opinion is clouded by the dosh and facilities at City. As most clubs do not give many youngsters a chance in the premier league a chance in the championship or lower can be very beneficial.

I would not dispute that Warnock is from the Dinosaur age but several good managers exist at lower level, was not that long ago that your team was part of that number.

Palacefan you are aware that your own club until recently had its own feeder club in the States aren’t you called Crystal Palace Baltimore?
Several clubs outside the premier league have foreign feeder clubs including Sunderland, Stoke, Leeds, Forest, Blackburn, Bolton and Charlton.

Premier league clubs that currently have or recently had a feeder relationship with foreign clubs as well as City are United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Leicester.

The quality of coaching at the top level, thanks to the input of foreign coaches, has moved football on in leaps and bounds. I am not advocating foreign feeder clubs, I am advocating top premier clubs being allowed to have teams in the lower leagues like they do in Spain. Then youngsters would not have to be farmed out on loan to clubs in lower divisions who then never play them, a regular problem currently.

In the end it is not up to football clubs to consider the national team a priority. If the FA want England to be serious contenders it is up to the FA to set up systems to facilitate this. It is not Man City’s, United’s, Liverpool’s or Chelsea’s responsibility to provide future players for the England team.

Conor McGregor attends World Cup final as Vladimir Putin’s guest

"Today I was invited to the World Cup final as a guest of Russian President Vladimir Putin. This man is one of the greatest leaders of our time and I was honored to attend such a landmark event alongside him. Today was an honor for me Mr. Putin. Thank you and congratulations on an amazing World Cup."

image.jpg

A lot of that is down to the non-stop anti-Putin/Russian propaganda spewed by May and her government through the BBC and Murdoch outlets.

what a shame for everyone. english fans are the very best and always have been. luckily, the ones who were there were vocal enough to create a presence and add to the atmosphere.

Vuk, any idea who got player of the tournament?

alex.

this is big news for the 2 of us...

1- you could have a bright career, "moving forward", as a FIFA bureaucrat
2- if i can work on my fitness a little more over the next month, i may be able to convince royal madrid to give me a shot in the midfield

Sour grapes...

if you want more, check out golden boy's post-match interview (i hope they have added english translation by the time anyone reads this):

protected by language barrier, he graciously claims croatia was the better team.

worse than that, he refers to football as "nogomet". i had forgotten this little variation on serbo-crotatian over on the west/fascist side of the old country. in most ways, it's far worse than saying "soccer". very difficult to translate but, trying to maintain the essence, it would be something like "footsie-derby".

advertisement

Back