Do Power Cords Make A Difference?

• Yes they do make a difference

Votes: 145 39.8%
  • No they don't make a difference

Votes: 166 45.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 53 14.6%

• Total voters
no abuse - I hadn't read your posts! I was just agreeing with Mr Sukebe. Sorry if it came over as an attack. It is just my opinion.

Your opinion is your opinion, as is mine. Whether either is valid is moot.

As he was replying to my post, which he quoted within his own, would it not be more reasonable to have read my post too before agreeing with him? Otherwise you run the risk of agreeing with something you could not possibly have fully understood.

I would never insult someone for claiming they hear something.

I might possibly imply an insulting opinion of someone for claiming what they hear proves some bit of ripe foo, or for otherwise thinking or arguing badly.

Your opinion is your opinion, as is mine. Whether either is valid is moot.

As he was replying to my post, which he quoted within his own, would it not be more reasonable to have read my post too before agreeing with him? Otherwise you run the risk of agreeing with something you could not possibly have fully understood.

All opinions are valid to the person stating them.

Trouble with the subject is, aside from the "it was a third better" type of subjective opinions we are generally into 'pretty subtle difference' territory. I mentioned this in another thread, you can very quickly disappear up your own when you are not only listening for change but also for improvement. I went to and fro with mains leads, speaker leads and various digital interconnects to the point where I decided I could get more consistent repeatable improvements /changes to the sound by changing where I was sitting/moving a speaker 10cm, drawing the curtains , moving from Clarity capESA to MR etc etc. I liken dealers who demo expensive cables, magic crystals or what have you in your home to doctors selling you cosmetics for Jaundice-if they were genuinely interested in improving your sound they'd be prioritising monster room modes/flutter echo etc.
When asked to list systems there seems to be 2 types of audiophile, those that just list their components and those that include all the interconnects, cable lifters, power leads, obsidian turntable feet crystals etc

Last edited:
I am glad to see people are still voting and debating the questions meanings.

Now how many mains cable difference hearers are out there unaware of the chance to go on record.

Yesterday there was a slip down in Yesers but some of the unaware are now teasing the percentage upwards.

I wonder if there is any point in a Poll
  • I use Naim and hear mains cables making an improvement to the music
  • Other
  • No

Last edited:
Does the percentage determine what's true?

Maybe it would be fascinating to combine issues:

1. I hear difference and I think Brexit is good
2. I hear difference and I think Brexit is bad
3. I don't hear difference and I think Brexit is good
4. I don't hear difference and I think Brexit is bad.

I BELIEVE THEY CAN HELP ANY KIT. I WAS MOST SUPRISED WHEN I PUT A SPARE LESSLOSS POWER CHORD ON A TURNTABLE POWER SUPPLY. It really made a big difference, to my ears.

15494065189_38bd1d8a1f.jpg

Upgraded my power cord first I got a loan of it from the music room in Glasgow.. took it home before connecting it to the HiFi I watched a bit of tv then changed the Tv power cord with the loaned one. There was an improvement In picture quality. Next the HiFi. Cleaner sound so I bought.

Does the percentage determine what's true?

Maybe it would be fascinating to combine issues:

1. I hear difference and I think Brexit is good
2. I hear difference and I think Brexit is bad
3. I don't hear difference and I think Brexit is good
4. I don't hear difference and I think Brexit is bad.
Is there a Brexit version of Godwin's law?

advertisement

Back