advertisement

President Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering he said the voting was rigged when will he be handing the Presidency over to Hillary, please?

Trump will have neither the application, intelligence or consistency to make even a half-arsed stab at the presidency. Its the thought of the advisors he gets in to run the show for him that worry me.

Thats where it could get interesting, I'd imagine he's probably a better judge of character than many imagine, it often goes with the territory for people like him. And lets not forget he's just proved his ability to put a winning campaign together.

He certainly seems like an energetic person so maybe if he gets the right people around him good things may happen. E&OE may apply :D

Trump will have neither the application, intelligence or consistency to make even a half-arsed stab at the presidency. Its the thought of the advisors he gets in to run the show for him that worry me.

I agree. I think he'll be a figurehead for the white working class while the corporate drones do the real work of dismantling America's already feeble social safety net.

Aside from playing golf and talking shit, what does anyone think President Trump will really do?

He'll be like George W. Bush, but without the war.

Which sounds like a wheeze to me.

He could appoint two or three Supreme Court Justices.

Ha! That's right, a case of "Trump Enterprises would like to share your details with carefully chosen partners, please tick to agree". Get a free Don and Melania poster for your lounge while our corporate friends cut the legs from under you financially. There's going to be some stunning Orwellian doublespeak coming up in the year ahead. Poor little white guys for Trump.

I'm very confused about that - would she not first have to be found guilty before receiving a pardon? Or will she automatically receive amnesty from prosecution by the outgoing President?

Nixon wasn't found guilty of anything before Ford pardoned him.

Been out all day, now just watching a load of seemingly decent Pennsylvania folk on the News under the illusion Trump will bring manufacturing back to the US and create jobs etc. They really have been sold a ringer. It is a huge shame, just like Brexit the whole thing is a con-trick. There are going to be a heck of a lot of exceptionally disapointed and angry people over the next four years. It is clear Trump will do none of these things, he has a track record of employing as few Americans as he can and gets his kitsch shite made in the developing world at bottom dollar. Far more than an unwelcome pussy-grope, he's just screwed the working classes en masse. There is no way the Republican Party will get behind protectionism even if Trump wanted them to (which he won't, he now has what he wants).

The Klan pay tribute and seek acknowledgement of their part in Trump's election,

David Duke boasted that the group’s members played a “huge role” in Donald Trump’s US presidential victory.

“This is one of the most exciting nights of my life,” David Duke tweeted as the result was confirmed. “Make no mistake about it, our people have played a HUGE role in electing Trump!” He added Trump’s campaign hashtag #MAGA, which stands for “Make America Great Again”.
The Guardian.

Did anyone watch the election coverage on CNN last night? Wolf Blitzer and his co-presenters started off the night in great form. Full of enthusiasm as they got prepared to join the dots to Hillary's victory.

As the night progressed though they started displaying increasing signs of erratic behaviour. Voices crackling, getting confused and stressed. At the end they looked about twenty years older and were visibly shaking. It was very funny :)

Max, taking the two minutes or whatever it took to write those sentences constitutes going out of your way to be an asshole.

Congratulations to Donald Trump for winning. Most folks here might not like it, but many Americans are very pleased. For folks who don't understand how Trump won, you might want to have a listen to Sean Hannity who is pretty much dead on as to why.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most understand why he won, it's no different to telling your kids "don't put your hand on the stove it's hot , it will burn you". Until you've done it for yourself you still don;t really believe them 100%. For some unfathomable reason, you believe you will be the one that doesn't get burned.

Been out all day, now just watching a load of seemingly decent Pennsylvania folk on the News under the illusion Trump will bring manufacturing back to the US and create jobs etc. They really have been sold a ringer. It is a huge shame, just like Brexit the whole thing is a con-trick. There are going to be a heck of a lot of exceptionally disapointed and angry people over the next four years. It is clear Trump will do none of these things, he has a track record of employing as few Americans as he can and gets his kitsch shite made in the developing world at bottom dollar. Far more than an unwelcome pussy-grope, he's just screwed the working classes en masse. There is no way the Republican Party will get behind protectionism even if Trump wanted them to (which he won't, he now has what he wants).

They can all have jobs shoveling coal, under 3rd-world rules. Hope they like 'em.

What a disastrous vote. Brexit, Trump - just need WW3 to round the year off.

Cheer up. Putin was one of the first to congratulate Trump. This means World War III is less likely to happen than if Clinton had won.

I have been saying Trump might win for months. He is racist, sexist, has promised to build a high border wall and kick out several million illegal Latinos. I kind of doubt he will back down and America will become an even more scary place.

Not to worry though, Trump is going to assassinate his own nation through climate change, by doing away with all green policies.

I can understand why so many people voted for him. I have been unemployed in the UK in the past. In the Net age you have to apply for apply for jobs via email and nobody answers them. Meanwhile ever more immigrants are coming into London, taking the jobs and depressing the wages through supply and demand.

I didn't vote for Brexit and would have supported Green in America during the election. However I know the frustration and anger that hits people when they're unemployed and the government elite do f*** all except make their life worse.

There was a critical subtext to Merkel's congratulatory message to Trump and Hollande hasn't exactly embraced him. May on the other hand appears to want to get on her knees as soon as possible.

I noticed all the musicians supporting Clinton, from Jay Z and Beyonce to Lady Gaga. Springsteen got in on the act a couple of days ago, even though he said in interviews he wouldn't support Clinton directly.

I saw the first gig that Springsteen played in the UK at Hammersmith Odeon. Throwing your weight behind such a corrupt politician as Clinton was a foolish move though. A lot of people in America realized this and that is why in part she failed.

I hope that the Democrats draft in Michelle Obama to be their next Presidential candidate.

Trump's win shows how an outsider can overcome lying polls, continual media and 'expert' criticism, to win a political election. Corbyn and Labour/Momentum could do exactly the same thing.

Jack

Fcuk you American morons. You get the government you deserve and you deserve this cnut.

Shame on you ...

Don't tar every one with the same brush - the West Coast and NE are sane, its the center swath that's the problem (except of course for Colorado).

Time for the Western States to secede!

Congratulations to Donald Trump for winning. Most folks here might not like it, but many Americans are very pleased. For folks who don't understand how Trump won.....

No. We understand. We've just had the Brexit vote.

We just also understand there's going to be an awful lot of seriously pi55ed off Americans over the coming four years and there will be social divides that will exist for decades to come.

For many waking up this morning, it's not the country they thought they lived in. The same sentiment existed for many Britons when the Leave campaign won a narrow majority in the referendum on Brexit. It effectively leaves decent hard working human beings feeling stateless and excluded. That is a national disaster regardless of which side of the Atlantic or political divide you are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back