advertisement

Record Store Day

I'm sure I saw a wooden boxed set RHP in Head in Belfast yesterday, I think it was about £95,they had at least six sets.

All those for sale on eBay appear to be cardboard!

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/152788-red-house-painters-box-set-

Vital...if you like I can give the lads at Head Belfast a shout tomorrow and see if it is still available....I'll be down that way again this week and could pick it up for you.

That's a very kind offer. I wouldn't want to put you out, and have you mucking about posting such a thing. However, if they'd be happy to sell it to me direct on the basis that you're standing in the shop to puts dibs on it that might work?

Yey! - I have just bought the RHP from Head in Belfast.

Really nice chap by the name of Rolan is the store manager. I think it's OK to post here that they still have a bunch of stuff that was not bought over the weekend, and there's a list on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/headbelfast

I'm hoping the only folk reading this are not eBay flippers - so good luck securing anything you couldn't get in your local store.

Their number is 02890 237226.

In case you're wondering I did make the trip to one of my own locals (Rock Box), and bought a couple of RSD releases - so I don't feel too guilty ordering over the phone this morning. :)

@ToffeeMan1878 and @Zygote23 - Thanks for the heads up by the way - well chuffed!

A band I must have missed. Who are RHP?

RSD is now a load of b0ll0cks - I gave it a go this year. It was fun experience. However...

I like stuff that's well mastered and sounds good, I don't care if it is on Red 180gram 'Russian' vinyl and limited to 1000 copies, with extra artwork and a free badge/ hat/ poster/ whatever. Some of this stuff has not been previously released for good reason.

On the other hand... The Slow club record that I picked up is a simple affair and sounds wonderful :)

The lads at Head in Belfast are spot on and will try to help as much as they can. The exact same can be said for Sick Records which is just around the corner but a fraction of the size. I've made most of my purchases from sick this year.

I did notice that after a month or so Head did drop the prices of some of their RSD stuff last year. I might have a look then.

A band I must have missed. Who are RHP?

http://4ad.com/artists/redhousepainters

Mark Kozelek of RHP now puts out material as Sun Kil Moon, if that means anything?

RSD is now a load of b0ll0cks - I gave it a go this year. It was fun experience. However...

I was kind of there on the cynicism too, but picked up a few pieces from Rock Box in person. They had a busy days and apparently sold a fair amount of non-RSD stuff on the back of the event, so hopefully it helps keep these guys in business.

The 4AD boxset is all the original Red House Painter's albums - which comes out as £25 per album - which is a bit over what I normally expect to pay for vinyl, but I do quite like box sets so about OK in my book.

Been into Norman Records to return the Small Faces Ogden's - all their stock had damaged sleeves. Really cool to get to browse all their boxes of remaining RSD stuff. a pleasure you never get on the day itself. They had around 16 RHP boxes left, plus tons of other stuff that is on eBay for daft money - JCC, Placebo, Bowie, Jansch etc....

advertisement

Back