advertisement

UK Election 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cross-party term f***wits is useful when dealing with politicians. They are all f***wits except for Nicola Sturgeon, Natalie Louise Bennett and Russell Brand.

Despite a shaky start when it appeared that she'd been born without a working memory, Natalie Louise Bennett is a non-f***wit because her party have the best policies.

Nicola Sturgeon ought to be PM of the UK, so she can carry out Scottish independence.

Russell Brand, although not a politician at the moment, should be knighted so he can oversee the abolition of the House of Lords and check whether Janner is actually demented. He can also tell them all jokes as they wave goodbye to their £300 daily personal allowance.

Jack

The economy picked up after leaving the Exchange Rate Mechanism, and, under John Major, the beginning of Britain’s longest period of continuous economic growth began.

If we ignore my major mistakes, my record is completely awesome.

Note, btw, that the above analysis of the Labour governments goes up to 2010 and includes the Great Recession.

The cross-party term f***wits is useful when dealing with politicians. They are all f***wits except for Nicola Sturgeon, Natalie Louise Bennett and Russell Brand.

Agreed, the first 2 are "pinko f***knuckles who'll ruin the UK" and the third is a "vacuous womanising ex drug addict who thinks it's OK to abuse old men on national radio".

Despite a shaky start when it appeared that she'd been born without a working memory, Natalie Louise Bennett is a non-f***wit because her party have the best policies.

Nicola Sturgeon ought to be PM of the UK, so she can carry out Scottish independence.

Russell Brand, although not a politician at the moment, should be knighted so he can oversee the abolition of the House of Lords and check whether Janner is actually demented. He can also tell them all jokes as they wave goodbye to their £300 daily personal allowance.

Jack

Yes like closing down all our coal fired and nuclear power stations. In fact closing down all our power stations.

I've just seen Ed Miliband make a speech live on TV. Not once did he look at a script, he seemed to me to actually believe in what he was saying, and IMO, what he said made a lot of sense.

I think he may be a decent chap and I hope he gets a chance to govern!

I've just seen Ed Miliband make a speech live on TV. Not once did he look at a script, he seemed to me to actually believe in what he was saying, and IMO, what he said made a lot of sense.

I think he may be a decent chap and I hope he gets a chance to govern!

He came across very well on the Absolute Radio interview posted below. I think people have warmed to his personality after all the Tory press attacks. It's very telling that Cameron won't do a head-to-head with him. I think Miliband would outsmart Cameron.

Of course, there's always the danger he'll lead an economy wrecking coalition of chaos. But, hey, you can't have everything...

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=14Wy4Vh-4bM[/YOUTUBE]

That

Effectively says "If we ignore one of the biggest mistakes in macroecomic history John Major had a great record"..
Failing to predict an increase in the value of gold so selling it "cheaply" and missing out on money we didn't actually have to lose is seen as a bigger mistake than throwing around £27bn down the drain chasing an ideology on Black Wednesday. 15% interest rates and a loss of billions caused directly by the party who claim they're the only people who can manage the economy.

It's not to be ignored. Ever.

The Gordon Brown gold argument is the dumbest argument ever.

1) Governments should not speculate in gold, but should hold an appropriate amount balanced against other assets.

2) If you really, really want them to become gold traders, then failure to sell the remainder in 2011 is also a terrible mistake.

3) Taking the difference between selling point and the peak of the market needs and not accounting for what was done with the money gained from the sale is what what the kids call a FAIL. (the revenues from Brown's sale went into US, Euro and Japanese bonds).

3) Taking the difference between selling point and the peak of the market needs and not accounting for what was done with the money gained from the sale is what what the kids call a FAIL. (the revenues from Brown's sale went into US, Euro and Japanese bonds).
Good use of assets but not too clever in the eyes of propaganda merchants, gold bugs and assorted nutters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back