advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00100001)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we would all love a new PSU solution which provides pure and clean power without having to spend thousands on a magical device that simply 'conditions' our already dirty/noisy power.

Not sure if there is any simple miracle solution you can provide for us with poor power coming into the home?

I think we would all love a new PSU solution which provides pure and clean power without having to spend thousands on a magical device that simply 'conditions' our already dirty/noisy power.

Not sure if there is any simple miracle solution you can provide for us with poor power coming into the home?

Yes, its on the cards that I'll design such a unit after the MIMP's / MAMP's. This will also upgrade the MDAC's internal PSU PCB.

Thank you John! Your support and dedication to this project is unheard of!
I'm so every excited to be purchasing an MDAC2

On a side note, measured my Raw Voltage yesterday here in Canada, it's 15.7V

John, is there any reference with specs for your future MIMP's / MAMP's ?

What is LAKE*WEST MIMP / MAMP?

Branislav

Very interested by these vfet amps, but would want to hear how they compare to the Hypex NCC400 monoblocks that I run..
If I took a pair off your hands I would ideally want them caseless, as they would get built into the speaker stands like my current amps are... possible?

;)

Sam

The unique circuit requirements of VFETs make them very desirable for Amplifier output stages (they have a 'hyperbolic-like' operation, so you gain the benefits of classA operation with substantially reduced heat generation) - these will be stunning power amps, I only wish we could "mass" manufacture amplifiers with VFET's.

John, you have PM :)

I won't pretend to understand all this technical stuff, but your enthusiasm shines through. From past experience of your great work (and support) this is an impossible proposition to resist

Very interested by these vfet amps, but would want to hear how they compare to the Hypex NCC400 monoblocks that I run..
If I took a pair off your hands I would ideally want them caseless, as they would get built into the speaker stands like my current amps are... possible?

;)

Sam

Sam,

The problem is that the PCB will be designed for the 8200MB's Heatsink and mechanical layout - its hard to gather the parts I'll salvage from the donor units such as the heatsinks, transformers, connectors etc... not impossible - but I'd like to have a better idea of what the final design will look like as I start working on the design (just as the MDAC2 has developed).

I need to consider such features as Auto standby, Do I implement communications with MDAC2 (Gain scaling, ClassA operating current etc)?

John, you have PM :)

I won't pretend to understand all this technical stuff, but your enthusiasm shines through. From past experience of your great work (and support) this is an impossible proposition to resist

Tim,

Replied via PM :)

Sam,

The problem is that the PCB will be designed for the 8200MB's Heatsink and mechanical layout - its hard to gather the parts I'll salvage from the donor units such as the heatsinks, transformers, connectors etc... not impossible - but I'd like to have a better idea of what the final design will look like as I start working on the design (just as the MDAC2 has developed).

I need to consider such features as Auto standby, Do I implement communications with MDAC2 (Gain scaling, ClassA operating current etc)?

Ahh, no problem at all..I will sit on my hands for now then.

:)

Ahh, no problem at all..I will sit on my hands for now then.

:)

What I'll do is set aside a kit of VFET's for you, and we will decide further down the road :) I'm sure I can always use the VFETs later if it does not pan out for some reason :D

Sam,

John
I anticipate that most if not all of the amp buyers will be MDAC2/3/4 owners so I'd encourage you to maximize compatibility.
Ian

I have a balanced transformer with its own earth spike that feeds all of my hi fi gear on a dedicated circuit. It certainly made a noticeable difference to SQ. The SQ gets even cleaner when it rains. I kid you not.

Just a question about the "vanilla" M-DAC - has USB bitstream passthrough been implemented? I recall a thread mentioning that this was proposed for a version A.11 of the firmware, but as I understand it A.10 is the latest?

Any information welcome

Cheers
Mark

Just a question about the "vanilla" M-DAC - has USB bitstream passthrough been implemented? I recall a thread mentioning that this was proposed for a version A.11 of the firmware, but as I understand it A.10 is the latest?

Any information welcome

Cheers
Mark

Mark,

I guess you referring to AC3 / surround sound passthough - sorry not 'Yet'.

The issue is not the hardware, but USB descriptors / USB stack.

I"ll insure its "standard" on the MDAC2.

Sam,

Hi John,
I also have an interest in the VFET's but already have a pair of MB8200s (gathering dust) is there any possibility of an MDAC2 solution? where you provide completed circuit boards for installation to my existing cases.
Like sam_cat I also have a pair of nCore400's and a Bryston 4B and would be very interested in an expected comparison.
For example, I wouldn't criticise either amplifier over the other, they just sound different particularly with different source material.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back