advertisement

Most Annoying Vocalist

Can't believe no has mentioned Barbra Streisand. Fingernails on a chalkboard or a dragging tailpipe are more pleasant to listen to. Plus, she spells her first name wrong.

Can't believe no has mentioned Barbra Streisand. Fingernails on a chalkboard or a dragging tailpipe are more pleasant to listen to. Plus, she spells her first name wrong.

I always think of her as 'Brabra', just to annoy her.

- Any pinky plonky smartphone TV advert style singing (usually female semi whispering) and that Chris Martin-ish finish to each word.

- Nasal singing (Duffy, American/Australian female soft rock singer types)

- Chris Martin

- Robbie Williams

- Bruno Mars

- Robert Plant

- Bono

- Florence & the Machine

- Lead singer from Linken Park

- Mariah Carey (only just)

Melisma, autotune, nasal and any singer that sounds like a sheep being tickled (you know who you are Johnny Mathis)

Queen, Mika, Leo Sayer and that f*cking muppets thing that Simon Mayo always plays on fridays
Susan Boyle

How have we got to page 4 with no-one mentioning Adele? Can't stand her, although I'm am a tiny bit impressed that she can mange to be both flat and a shrieker at the same time...

Oh and that chav idiot Mike Skinner from The Streets - he pushes me to the edge of violence whenever I hear him.

Andy Stewart, Moira Anderson and Kenneth MacKellar alongside any other "tartanry" crap - don't mind the Reid brothers though.

Before anyone north of the border gets upset I am a son of the rock...

elvis costello
beck
dr. john
CCR singer guy
whitney houston and all that followed (new soul, adele, etc.)

worst of all perhaps, but not a single person: all that "a capaella" cr@p by crosby, stills, nash & young

vuk.

advertisement

Back