advertisement

Well done Andy Murray!

Listen, I completely respect his sporting achievements. However, he comes across as a spoilt attention seeker, and no I am not looking forward to seeing him flogging washing powders, infecting chat shows et al. Like all people I am sure he has many rewarding personal traits which many will identify with, notwithstanding his girlfriend, and good luck to them; for me though, he is a great tennis player who also strikes me as being a bit of a knob.

I really don't get this at all. Sure he is a bit dour on occasions and does not do the bubbly cheeky chappie thing but "spoilt attention seeker" really?

If you have an irrational dislike of the chap fair enough, I used to dislike Andre Agassi for no particular reason but liked Jimmy Connors equally irrationally

I really don't get this at all. Sure he is a bit dour on occasions and does not do the bubbly cheeky chappie thing but "spoilt attention seeker" really?

If you have an irrational dislike of the chap fair enough, I used to dislike Andre Agassi for no particular reason but liked Jimmy Connors equally irrationally

A lot of people have a problem with success & wealth. Especially in Britain.

Go figure.
Chris

A lot of people have a problem with success & wealth. Especially in Britain.

If that's that's what it is, then that's pathetic. Legally obtained wealth and success should be celebrated. If there's one thing that I utterly abhor, it's jealousy. Winners in life should also always be admired and respected, but Brits seem to irrationally resent anyone who falls into that category. Crazy!

Compared to McEnroe in his prime, Murray's a well-mannered, modest ray of sunshine.

It is, usually, a mistake to criticise the sportsperson rather than the sport.

All successful sportspeople in televised sport make millions because TV companies and sponsors pay hundreds of millions to get awareness of their product to the maximum audience.

Sportspeople do it as a job and like any job if you do it well you tend to get paid more.

Whether that influences your buying habits is more to do with you.

Without question it is an irrational thing, and tbh, I'm feeling a bit guilty now(!) Like I said earlier, I really don't begrudge him any of his success, far from it, just that he seems to irritate. By comparison Djokovic seemed to be far more composed and eloquent.

I think he just has expressions and behavioural traits that just remind me of someone I knew many years ago who was so indulged by his mum that he had a completely unrealistic way of dealing with things.

Sportspeople do it as a job and like any job if you do it well you tend to get paid more.

Whether that influences your buying habits is more to do with you.

And if the adverts are not ten times better than Rory McIlroy's for Santander then the product will become a joke.

Andy Murray isn't the first Brit to win a Wimbledon singles title in 77 years. This is typical sexist Tory propaganda.

Virginia Wade won Wimbledon in 1977, although all the right-wing newspapers have conveniently forgotten this.

So has Andy Murray strangely enough.

I bet his mum hasn't though.

Jack

Listen, I completely respect his sporting achievements. However, he comes across as a spoilt attention seeker, and no I am not looking forward to seeing him flogging washing powders, infecting chat shows et al. Like all people I am sure he has many rewarding personal traits which many will identify with, notwithstanding his girlfriend, and good luck to them; for me though, he is a great tennis player who also strikes me as being a bit of a knob.
"Murray attended Dunblane Primary School, and was present during the 1996 Dunblane school massacre, when Thomas Hamilton killed 17 people before shooting himself" - might put a wee bit of perspective on Murray's character, TPA.

Andy Murray isn't the first Brit to win a Wimbledon singles title in 77 years. This is typical sexist Tory propaganda

Jack

Lord God above, I had completely forgotten all about Virginia Wade and her frilly underwear winning in 1977 against Betty Stove. These Tory propagandists are doing a great job!

I wonder what else they have made us forget? Did Scotland really won the World Cup in '78, and they have erased the memory from our minds, wouldn't surprise me, the b*stards!

Jack!

I have read a lot of your emails and I am pleased to say that almost to the letter I find myself unable to subscribe to the views contained in them. The main reason being that I am unsure whether you are a complete knob or so pedantic or paranoid, bitter and twisted as to not be worth wasting my time reading anything you write.

When watching the MENS tennis final it is a given is it not that when announcing that it is 77 years since a Brit won at Wimbledon that the commentator is referring to a MAN. Otherwise we should be saying when watching say Martina Navratolova and some other elfin like female tennis player that it is 77 years since a British man won at Wimbledon, presumably dressed as a female. I cannot for the life of me work out why when watching this years women's final not one commentator saw fit to mention when a Frenchman last won Wimbledon or how old Boris Becker was when he won. I am sure you will have a convincing theory as to why not. Humor us all and dish the dirt.

SteveT

advertisement

Back