advertisement

Fresh from the Munich show ...

Why, AG Duos are very efficient because they have an active subwoofer for bass, you can use any power amp.
Keith.

The efficiency has nothing to do with the active bass. The efficiency is set by the horns (Duo 104dB, Duo Omega/Duo Grosso & Duo Mezzo are 107dB). The active bass is then adjusted to the same level as the horns. It is exactly the same as the Cessaro Beta, Gamma, Beethoven and Omega systems as they too all use active bass. :rolleyes:

You cannot use any amplifier to drive a horn. Most are just to noisy or have too much gain so great care must be taken when making a choice to get the best possible results. With the system fully operational and no music playing you should be able to hear zero noise and this is right up close to the speaker.

I heard Keiths Omegas in his listening room the day after we got back from Munich and they were extremely good indeed, much better than Munich. I don't think the room and speakers wanted to play together which was a shame.

I think you mean Keith's Alpha's. You would have to remove the front of Keith's house and reinforce the floor to get the Cessaro Omegas inside. They are about 8 feet tall and weigh over 4 tons. The Beethoven's used in Munich weighed 2.5 tons.

No pictures of bizarre horns, huge tubes and crazy turntables? What kind of show was this?

There were no systems like that at Munich Tony. Only systems like this!

Munich-1.jpg

america - horns + big power amps - such as Mcintosh

japan - horns + big power amps, american and japanese

UK - horns + flea watt amps?

Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know, at this time the CD/DAC/PRE will not have a tuner function.

However the DAC/PRE will have the FM function. The Evolution 50A (integrated amplifier) will also have the FM function.

Thanks for all your positive feedback.

Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know, at this time the CD/DAC/PRE will not have a tuner function.

However the DAC/PRE will have the FM function. The Evolution 50A (integrated amplifier) will also have the FM function.

Thanks for all your positive feedback.

Hi, welcome :)

Do you have any internal and external pics and what is the spec exactly?

Rather than just look at a few pictures, best to plan for a visit to Munich next May....great show but also a great city and that makes a nice weekend.
I was most surprised by the sheer number of record decks, there seem to be more every year. Best sounds..impossible to say, although 'small' UK firms like Neat produced some good sound from small speakers. Some of the worst sounds came from the 'giant' names such as in the big (as in very big) Sonus Fabers with Millenium amps.To my ears, typical aggressive and bright 'hi end'.
One other thought, it was great to see so many British brands, battling away out there, and showing some of the most attractive stuff. I felt even slightly proud of what the UK can offer. But, it's not an expensive weekend, via Easyjet. Worth making the trip next year if you can find the time. And, as for the beer in Munich.......

What about the brands that have little presence in the UK, like T+A, Canton, Magnat, Elac and so forth? To me that's the interest. Most of the UK stuff you can hear there whereas these shows give you a chance to see and hear what else is happening in the world.

Rather than just look at a few pictures, best to plan for a visit to Munich next May....great show but also a great city and that makes a nice weekend.
I agree.

I was most surprised by the sheer number of record decks, there seem to be more every year.
Yes! Some places had only record players other played much more LPs than the years before even if personally the sound was often less accurate.

Best sounds..impossible to say, although 'small' UK firms like Neat produced some good sound from small speakers. Some of the worst sounds came from the 'giant' names such as in the big (as in very big) Sonus Fabers with Millenium amps.To my ears, typical aggressive and bright 'hi end'.
I cannot say anything about sound from small speakers. What is small? Anyway I prefer stay away from speakers which make mickey mouse soundstage even if they make a very clear, transparent and neutral sound. For my favorite orchestral music a small soundstage is just a killer, it's for me just like having a plate with 1/2 cubic inch great food in front of my eyes when I'm starving.
There were lots of big systems and there was sound for all kind of taste. This is the positive point, a lot of colorful sound like it should be. So just pick the one you like and if there isn't any just enjoy the show, Munich and talking to people.

advertisement

Back