advertisement

Tax and Tony Blair

Jack

Blair may have only paid £315k in tax but that is a darned sight more than what you have paid. Therefore he is contributing more to society than what you every will.

Mick

^ Mick

The rate of tax that
TB should pay = 40%

No ifs No buts.

It is him and his like
that sets this bad
example, they can
afford to pay so they
should pay.

40% of 12 Million =
4.8 Million.

£315.000 = a %
rate of ? out of
12 Million.

Do the maths, he
is a cheat and a
fraud!!

^ Mick

The rate of tax that
TB should pay = 40%

No ifs No buts.

It is him and his like
that sets this bad
example, they can
afford to pay so they
should pay.

40% of 12 Million =
4.8 Million.

£315.000 = a %
rate of ? out of
12 Million.

Do the maths, he
is a cheat and a
fraud!![/
QUOTE]

Why is that, Darmok? He has not been arrested, so presumably he has broken no laws. So who has he defrauded & cheated?

All he has done is to arrange his affairs in a tax efficient way. Something he is perfectly & legitimately entitled to do. In fact, something he would be a fool not to do. And no matter what you think of him, a fool he is not.

Chris

Chris

^ Well, it seems that
we agree that TB can
afford to pay the rate
of tax for his income.

Therefore he is a cheat
and a fraud as are all
of those who evade or
avoid paying tax !!

Wealth of Nations!

Hmmm, we can see
where it is all going

^ Well, it seems that
we agree that TB can
afford to pay the rate
of tax for his income.

Therefore he is a cheat
and a fraud as are all
of those who evade or
avoid paying tax !!

Wealth of Nations!

Hmmm, we can see
where it is all going

Ah, Darmok, so you would willingly forego your tax allowances, eh? You would not bother claiming a rebate you were entitled to?

Just because someone can afford to pay a tax does not mean they have to pay it if it is not a legal requirement.

Chris

The Bliar story has made it into The Telegraph, The Daily Mail and The Guardian.

Bliar is the man who lied in Parliament in order to get us to go to war with Iraq.

He should be tried for war crimes and have his finances thoroughly investigated.

Jack

At this rate the tory faithful will be demanding a state funeral for Bliar.
Jack

Blair may have only paid £315k in tax but that is a darned sight more than what you have paid. Therefore he is contributing more to society than what you every will.

Mick
You're wasting your time, as Jack has made it quite clear he ignores posters with apparent issues around mental health.

Jack

Mick

Depends where the £12m came from.

Mull

I'm back to work on Wednesday, Mull. My irony detector is therefore below par at the moment!

Chris

Chris

Work you bugger work .. you got to pay for my and Mull's indexed linked, gold plated pension

Regards

Mick

PS Just scoffed a few mince pies .... burpppppppppp

Ah, Darmok, so you would willingly forego your tax allowances, eh? You would not bother claiming a rebate you were entitled to?

Just because someone can afford to pay a tax does not mean they have to pay it if it is not a legal requirement.

Chris

If I were to earn 12K
and have to pay 6k
in tax I would be a bit
peeved.

If I were to earn 12
Million and had to pay
6 Million in tax I would
be happy to have 6
Million left over.

Economies of Scale
old chap!.

So, morals don't apply
eh?

Guess who sets the
rate of tax, them rich
politicos.

Jack

Mick

What you think is irrelevant, Mick.

Blair launched an illegal war with Iraq which resulted in over a million people being killed.

No amount of tax he pays can hide the fact that he is a war criminal.

Jack

People always like to confuse income or revenue (in the case of this company £12 million) and profit (in this case reported as £1 million). The fact that the company pays K£ 315 in tax on profits of M£ 1 is not very surprising or shocking.

The real story is the figure of £8 million in "administrative costs" that come in addition to £2 million of personnel costs (staff of 25). What on earth are those admin costs? Most businesses with admin costs of 65% of sales are basket cases, but this seems to be a thriving business. Unless the media or HM tax collectors pursue the matter further, we can only speculate that these are payments to other murkier parts of the Blair business empire, for instance the limited liability partnerships described in the article.

What you think is irrelevant, Mick.

Blair launched an illegal war with Iraq which resulted in over a million people being killed.

No amount of tax he pays can hide the fact that he is a war criminal.

Jack

Jack

The decision to invade Iraq was endorsed by a Parliamentry vote. Several hundred MPs voted to invade, not just Blair. The decision was perfectly legal.

Yes Nulab should bring Blair back because he is the consumate politician and can run circles around anyone. However, the lefties just can't see that so he will continue to make a fortune taking the piss out of Brown.

He pays more tax than you, so he still contributes more to society than you. Live with that and move on.

Enjoy your weekend.

Mick

advertisement

Back