advertisement

What's The Last Bit Of Audio Equipment You Have Bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amphion Argon 3S speakers, Amphion 100AMP monoblocks, and a Mytek Brooklyn DAC as my new Roon-fed system
Can I ask what you are using to feed the Mytek with Roon? Thinking of getting the Brooklyn but wondering if I should get a Roon ready dac instead

Can I ask what you are using to feed the Mytek with Roon? Thinking of getting the Brooklyn but wondering if I should get a Roon ready dac instead

I’ve got an intel nuc i5 in a fabless Antecedent case running Roon’s ROCK. I have a direct usb connection from the ROCK to the Mytek. I did previously have a v1.4 microrendu between the ROCK and Mytek but it didn’t really make a difference to SQ. The Amphion/Mytek/ROON is a killer combo. I’ve also got room correction filters from HAF running in the Roon convolution engine and they make an appreciable difference.

A new turntable mat for the Sondek. £4.50 - punches well above its weight in the the sound quality department.

Controversial topic I know- I purchased Rega’s Reference Mains for all my equipment and the new Rega Atlas stylus gage. Very happy with both products.

A HifimeDiy ESS Sabre 9018 DAC to go with a CCA.

All of 50 quid.

Clearly I am keeping the HiFi industry afloat single handed.

However, waiting for my Hegel H90 to arrive.

Michell Gyro SE. Looking forward to see how it compares with my Garrard 301. Have fancied a Gyro since the mid 80s, so rather excited about owning one at last. Assuming it arrives on time today!

Michell Gyro SE. Looking forward to see how it compares with my Garrard 301. Have fancied a Gyro since the mid 80s, so rather excited about owning one at last. Assuming it arrives on time today!

Beautifully made and a lovely piece of industrial design.

Quad ESL 57s (with updated One Thing Audio bass panels) that will soon be on their way to me.

Possibly, provided the seller accepts my enquiry, an EAR 869 that I will have serviced before I receive it. If I am not lucky, I will wait for another EAR power amp within my price range.

Last edited:
Audio Technica ART-9 with a couple of hundred hours on it. I will have to wait till I have the TT serviced to fit it, arthritic hands and cartridges do not a happy union make.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back