advertisement

What's The Last Bit Of Audio Equipment You Have Bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onix OA 31 integrated (already hooked up and sounding good)
Rega Brio clam shell integrated (arriving in the next couple of days hopefully)

There's gonna be a proper amp fight, a battle for supremacy of the living room :)

Some more Bright Star IsoNodes to decouple my DAC and preamp. Black ravioli moved down to the amp, and the CD player is now sat on an acrylic platform with sorbothane domes. This means my entire system is now decoupled from the stands or floor. As I am on a suspended wooden floor, this has reduced room interactions affecting the sound. Subjectively it's like the noise floor has dropped, objectively I can play louder as the floor's no longer transmitting low bass next door.

A cuboid of Doulas Fir to be used as a TT table.

20171129_101147_resized.jpg

I bought a brand new pair of Harbeths in June. P3-ESRs in black ash. They are very likely to be the last speakers I'll ever buy.
From what I've read, many owners of Harbeths find it's their last speaker purchase.
I can see why...

Nice, how do you plan to finish it (or are you going for a rustic look?)

Ta. Sand down and seal with oil.
The tree was cut down in late summer, so much drying to go.
Current location is in an unheated room on chocks, and I'm seeking advice from local crafty types.

Just brought a Marantz DLT-1 from Yahoo auctions Japan, and less than half the price many ebay jokers are asking (just waiting to cost the postage). Hopefully it will help with some of the grounding issues with my Deltec dac.

I bought a brand new pair of Harbeths in June. P3-ESRs in black ash. They are very likely to be the last speakers I'll ever buy.
From what I've read, many owners of Harbeths find it's their last speaker purchase.
I can see why...
Martyn

Your comments are being critiqued by the window lickers on the fire extinguisher amplifier forum...direct comment is against the AUP (I am not a member there) so pm me if you can't work it out:D

20 year old Rega Juras from eBay, tamed by recapping with Jantzen Silver Zs. Well worth the effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back