advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

It was thanks to your report findings on their amplifiers that persuaded me to take a punt on this one. Early days yet, however I am more than happy with it. As yet I haven’t compared its DAC against my Longdog VDT1, however currently loving the lively presentation.

Khadas Tone Board. Again.
Not sure if it’s my third or fourth one now but they’re nigh on perfect for a temporary solution whilst I save for something more permanent.
I‘m going to give the posher Isoacoustics Orea Bronze a whirl under my CDT and see if they make any difference as I already use the Puck76’ between stand and speakers

20240311-163727.jpg

Just about to purchase a refurbished Systemdek Transcription with Project Carbon 9cc and Ortofon Mk 2 stylus. Lovely deck and delivers on its reputation.

I recently bought a Denon PMA355UK with remote control for a garage system.
Sounds great. I am really impressed with it, TBH. 👍
Also it’s nice to have all those ‘sound spoiling’ features like bass and treble and loudness controls.🙄
I am ashamed to have been taken in by all that flat earth nonsense back in the 80s.

Not HiFi as such but a useful accessory. This used Audio-Technica tonearm 'safety raiser' arrived today from Japan.

I had one of these, bought new in 1980 for my Thorens TD160B MkII, and I gave it away when I sold the deck last year. Wrong! It looks like no one makes a tonearm lifter with a lock down option. It's a useful feature when playing records with hardly any run out, like this:

53601927128_89a5948449_c.jpg

I have a Rega Brio arriving today to stand in for my Line Magnetic 518ia which is in the menders. Will be my stand in until the LM is back. After which I’ll sell it…

I have a Rega Brio arriving today to stand in for my Line Magnetic 518ia which is in the menders. Will be my stand in until the LM is back. After which I’ll sell it…
Would be interesting to know how you think they compare. The Brio (current version) sounds lovely to me. Massively underrated I think, probably because it’s too cheap!

Would be interesting to know how you think they compare. The Brio (current version) sounds lovely to me. Massively underrated I think, probably because it’s too cheap!
Me too, the LM 518IA is a first class amp and the best I've ever owned by some margin so I'm not expecting the Brio to be as good but what I've read it shouldn't be embarrassed and by all accounts can shine in a system with sources and speakers of a higher calibre/price point.

I'll let you know how it goes, it arrives today.

advertisement

Back