advertisement

What concert have you last been to #3

i was just going to say- is there a thread on 'best concerts you've been to'? I haven't noticed one .... might be a good threadstarter

The Can Project last night at The Barbican.
In short, patchily great - with the orchestral rearrangement of One More Night being the highlight for me.

Alfresco Festival in Tunbridge Wells over the weekend.
Largely DJ based; but with excellent live sets from The Emperor Machine and Heretic.
For those into house, techno, and electronica, I'd thoroughly recommend it - ace music, a lovely site (though with an unpromising entrance to it), and a really friendly older crowd (i.e I wasn't the oldest there at 54). We'll certainly be going again next year.

Shriekback at the Shepherds Bush Empire last night.
Great gig, great audience (some had come a veeeeeeeeery long way for it), really tight band. I wasn't entirely convinced by the rearrangements of Lined Up and My Spine Is The Bassline, but the rest of it was top notch.

Syd Arthur on Sunday in Brizzle - were superb! As were local Brizzle band Cousin Kula supporting. If you like psych/prog rock...

Co-headliners Morgan Delft not really my cuppa though

Napalm Death, with support from Brujeria, Lockup and Power Trip - it was an interesting night!

Sunn O))) at the Barbican...just amazing! What an experience...second time I've seen them and they have definitely missed bed their sound on...awesome

I'm going to see them in Glasgow next month, that's one gig I need to remember my ear protection for.....

Schönberg's Gurrelieder at the Bridgewater Hall last Sunday. BBC Philharmonic *and* the Halle Orchestras, together with three choirs and 6 soloists. Mark Elder conducting. Not a fan of Arnie's atonal stuff, but his late-romantic style music was marvellous. A wonderful concert.

Schönberg's Gurrelieder at the Bridgewater Hall last Sunday. BBC Philharmonic *and* the Halle Orchestras, together with three choirs and 6 soloists. Mark Elder conducting. Not a fan of Arnie's atonal stuff, but his late-romantic style music was marvellous. A wonderful concert.

Will be broadcast on R3 on Friday - and we will be out - bugger....

Kraftwerk in Brighton last night,we had a result with the seats,dead center with the projectors just behind us,so the 3D imaging was spot on,but man was it loud,can't remember the last time my eardrums took such a battering,heads still ringing this morning.

advertisement

Back