advertisement

War declared, Israel v Palestine...

Schools in England are closing down legitimate debate about the Israel-Gaza conflict because teachers feel ill-equipped and are concerned about political impartiality, the government’s independent adviser on social cohesion has said.

Dame Sara Khan said that if schools continued to shut down debate they risked “fuelling further anger, hate and polarisation”.

Dame Sara Khan said that if schools continued to shut down debate they risked “fuelling further anger, hate and polarisation”.

Its being talked about in my mates kids school in modern studies (Scotland, for the previous few months an entire lesson per week is dedicated to understanding the Israeli- Gaza conflict and my mates kid Nico is very clued up about the subject

Edit : I should also mention he received an “exceptional“ in his prelim results last week for modern studies, his uncle (Mike) is the Ambassador to Somalia , his dad (my close mate) died back in 2018 which was a helluva blow but Nico has done well since, i bought him and mum (best mate) tickets for Underworld next week at Edinburgh and 3 days stay in the Novotel wi spending money as their birthdays are in march/april - Underworld were his dads fave, along with myself but I cannot attend due to spms so they’re going to give me a running commentary during the gig by phone/txt :D

Last edited:
Its being talked about in my mates kids school in modern studies (Scotland, for the previous few months an entire lesson per week is dedicated to understanding the Israeli- Gaza conflict and my mates kid Nico is very clued up about the subject
My youngest daughter in 3rd level education here in Ireland. Despite most of our politicians' weedy response to the horror - the kids are pretty well clued up on what's really happening.

They are well fit to make their own call on Netanyahu and Israel's actions, and I have no doubt will be mindful of that in whatever branch of commerce, politics or life in general they end up in.

Interesting from the heart of the beast. These voices will only grow louder.

“A special relationship with Israel does virtually nothing for the United States while actively undermining U.S. strategic interests and often doing violence to the values that Washington claims to stand for.

It’s time to “normalize” the United States’ relationship with Israel. This does not mean making Israel an enemy of the United States, but rather approaching Israel the same way that Washington should approach any other foreign nation: from arm’s-length.“

Interesting from the heart of the beast. These voices will only grow louder.

“A special relationship with Israel does virtually nothing for the United States while actively undermining U.S. strategic interests and often doing violence to the values that Washington claims to stand for.

It’s time to “normalize” the United States’ relationship with Israel. This does not mean making Israel an enemy of the United States, but rather approaching Israel the same way that Washington should approach any other foreign nation: from arm’s-length.“

News says they will still be supplying arms, bombs, fighters to Israel. So much for ceasefire mumblings.

Compare that to the 20 whole tons of aid we air dropped overnight. Not even a truck full.

News says they will still be supplying arms, bombs, fighters to Israel. So much for ceasefire mumblings.

Compare that to the 20 whole tons of aid we air dropped overnight. Not even a truck full.
Yes of course, but increasing numbers of Americans are now beginning to question foreign policy in relation to Israel.

Yes of course, but increasing numbers of Americans are now beginning to question foreign policy in relation to Israel.
Obviously good. I did wonder how the BBC delivered both items back to back with a straight face. You could almost believe it was deliberate….

What’s in the US’s latest arms package to Israel?

Despite expressing concern about civilian casualties in Gaza, the US White House has greenlighted more major shipments of arms and military equipment to Israel in recent days. The packages include:
  • 1,800 MK84 2,000-pound bombs
  • 500 MK82 500-pound bombs
  • 25 F-35A fighter jets and engines
The 2,000-pound bombs, which can inflict damage to people up to 1,000 feet (300 metres) away, have been “linked to previous mass-casualty events throughout Israel’s military campaign in Gaza”, reports the Washington Post.

Obviously good. I did wonder how the BBC delivered both items back to back with a straight face. You could almost believe it was deliberate….
That would be a bit like… oh, em, dropping bombs and dropping food parcels at the same time, maybe.

Despite expressing concern about civilian casualties in Gaza, the US White House has greenlighted more major shipments of arms and military equipment to Israel in recent days. The packages include:
The 2,000-pound bombs, which can inflict damage to people up to 1,000 feet (300 metres) away, have been “linked to previous mass-casualty events throughout Israel’s military campaign in Gaza”, reports the Washington Post.

Ukraine needed that stuff.

I’ve made the point previously, but dropping ordnance of this destructive capability makes a mockery of the ‘reluctance‘ to use tactical nukes.

Wouldn't surprise me if they're earmarked for Hezbollah's missile storage sites in Lebanon and Syria too.
If they displace the "non combatants" from Rafah and deploy those 2,000 lb bombs the hopes for the remaining hostages would look very bleak.

Netanyahu and his war mongering cabinet know their time is up and jail time beckons so they're trying to create a wider conflict in the region then claim special war measures and stay in power for as long as possible - utter cnunts the lot of them.

Here's a shocker from tommorow's papers:

UK government lawyers say Israel is breaking international law, claims top Tory in leaked recording

Ex-Foreign Office and Ministry of Defence official Alicia Kearns said at a Tory fundraiser that legal advice would mean the UK has to cease all arms sales to Israel without delay

The British government has received advice from its own lawyers stating that Israel has breached international humanitarian law in Gaza but has failed to make it public, according to a leaked recording obtained by the Observer.

Cameron stated that “I cannot recall every single bit of paper that has been put in front of me … I don’t want to answer that question.”

Here's a shocker from tommorow's papers:

UK government lawyers say Israel is breaking international law, claims top Tory in leaked recording

Ex-Foreign Office and Ministry of Defence official Alicia Kearns said at a Tory fundraiser that legal advice would mean the UK has to cease all arms sales to Israel without delay

The British government has received advice from its own lawyers stating that Israel has breached international humanitarian law in Gaza but has failed to make it public, according to a leaked recording obtained by the Observer.

Cameron stated that “I cannot recall every single bit of paper that has been put in front of me … I don’t want to answer that question.”

In a "limited and specific way"?
In a few years time the present crock of politicians will be saying they were doing everything possible to stop Netanyahu, I hope from the Hague.

advertisement

Back