advertisement

War declared, Israel v Palestine...

Is this merely (Hamas/Hezbollah) vs Israel?

Or is it a freedom fight against oppression, it's easy to label the belligerents as terrorists?

In how many places in the world would nations turn a blind eye to land grabs and genocide?

Hamas is indeed proscribed in the UK but it is not illegal to express support for them. Fundraising, recruitment, inviting support, causing people to believe you were a member? All illegal. Saying you think they are in the right, no.
It's illegal to express support if you are "reckless to whether the person to whom the expression is directed will be encouraged to support..." so if you were to express support you'd have to be very clear that you were only expressing an opinion and not trying to encourage others etc.

It's illegal to express support if you are "reckless to whether the person to whom the expression is directed will be encouraged to support..." so if you were to express support you'd have to be very clear that you were only expressing an opinion and not trying to encourage others etc.
A trainee solicitor could bat that away in court, how could the prosecution prove that FFS? Your phrase is covered by "inviting support". I think vacuum_tubes is safe enough.

My more intransigent side of my nature; I would issue a warning to the population of Gaza City, that as a result of action by Hamas, they now unfortunately find themselves at the front line of a battle…..give 24 hours to evacuate; anyone who chooses to stay does so at their own risk; then send in a couple of dozen tanks and completely trash the city, rendering return to the role as base for attack reduced or eliminated
S

A trainee solicitor could bat that away in court, how could the prosecution prove that FFS? Your phrase is covered by "inviting support". I think vacuum_tubes is safe enough.
Same as the prosecution proves "reckless to" in the case of murder or attempted murder. Same wording, I'm sure that even a trainee solicitor could spot that. Go and read the guidance.
If it's clear that you are expressing your own opinion, sure, but if you look like you're recruiting, not so good.

My more intransigent side of my nature; I would issue a warning to the population of Gaza City, that as a result of action by Hamas, they now unfortunately find themselves at the front line of a battle…..give 24 hours to evacuate; anyone who chooses to stay does so at their own risk; then send in a couple of dozen tanks and completely trash the city, rendering return to the role as base for attack reduced or eliminated
S
Great idea. Where are they going to go?

No one is enthusiastic about the massacre of civilians.

You'd hope right?

Some members certainly seem to be arguing it's justified.

I don't have a ****ing clue what the solution is here. And anyone who thinks they do is delusional.

All I see today is hundreds of violent deaths and the prospect of thousands more.

S
How do you evacuate 2 million civilians in 24 hours? And where do you take them to? Tel Aviv? Egypt? Rwanda?

I'm wondering if part of the strategy is to take as many illegal settlers hostage as possible as a means of forcing restraint on the scale and indiscriminate response from the IDF.....
From what I'm reading the hostages taken were anyone they could grab, not "settlers" as opposed to ordinary Israeli citizens. They will, in any case, have the same value as hostages. Probably more so, since nobody can say "you went out and set up an illegal settlement, and were aware of the risks."

I'm using terms but they don't fit, mainly because they've been labelled as terrorists.

How is a people/population supposed to defend against insurgents without relying on violence?

In any other place an invasion of territory would be defended by the rest of the world, why not here?

I don't have a ****ing clue what the solution is here. And anyone who thinks they do is delusional.
Not really. How about the USA cease funding the Israeli state? The illegal occupation is ended? The three quarters of a million Palestinians who were expelled in 1948 are allowed to return? The Golan Heights are returned to Syria, the West Bank and East Jerusalem are returned to the Palestinians. A secular, demilitarised ‘one state‘ is established and the Apartheid system dismantled?

Impossible? Unrealistic? Naive? The same voices who maintain it is are often the same voices that insist Russia withdraws from Ukraine and returns Crimea and the Donbas.

advertisement

Back