advertisement

Van Damme interconnects, are they any good?

something like 50cm is unlikely to reach. If you meant 500cm, i.e. 0.5m,

500mm = 50cm = 0.5m!

I have had problems in the past where the quoted length is actually from plug tip to plug tip! So cable not actually long enough once the bend radius is added in.

500mm = 50cm = 0.5m!

I have had problems in the past where the quoted length is actually from plug tip to plug tip! So cable not actually long enough once the bend radius is added in.
I have a 50cm interconnect. It's OK for one shelf to the next but that's all. It gets the CDP to preamp duty. Does it make a difference? Nah. I got mugged off 25 years ago, but now I own it I can hardly throw it away, and £70 is £70.

500mm = 50cm = 0.5m!

I have an old 0,5m Ixos 1002 gamma geometry, the yellow sleeved cable.
Back in the days it got great test reviews in most hifi magz.
It's long enuff to fit between two electronics placed on top of each other

As someone with a brain who understands that fancy interconnects are nothing more than an utter con and snake oil for those who are hard of thinking and have fools money to burn, I must admit to purchasing some Rega Couple 2 interconnects, but ONLY because I thought they looked really fancy with the branded RCA connectors. It was a vanity purchase, nothing more, but they look good.
Its a shame they ditched nice branded connectors for regular ones on the couple 3 however :( I would have preferred dark cable with the branded RCA plugs.
Err half a brain, mainly the left half which denies and attacks the right half which uses its ears, It is simple human basic brain dynamics.. Real experience shows that interconnects do sound different. your choice which is preferred, though is important. Some emphasise dynamics and some detail, the correct balance may just be more expensive.

My take on the varying price of cables. I have a FIL who did spend a vast amount on cables, whether they were Crystal, LAT, Kimber etc. He would very generously pass them onto me when he upgraded so I’ve tried many. I sold them all on. Why? Because the difference( not necessarily improvement) was either so little or not discernible that I didn’t think they were worth keeping against my standard cables. I have very good sound from a modest set up with well built, well priced cables. I’ll spend my money on other things.

Last edited:
I think there are only two cables I tried that exhibited an obvious difference. Nordost Blue Heaven and Atlas bidirectional. Both produced an odd effect that I immediately disliked. Van Damme certainly don’t seem to slow down my own set up. They are good, well built cables. Simple as that really.

Digital cables are even funnier
Oh drat, there goes my business model down the WC pan then!!

Oh well, it was good whilst it lasted.

PS, Oh Well is one of my favourite Fleetwood Mac tracks from when they had the (flawed) genius Peter Green.

I visited your site, and you are pedaling pure snake oil, and should be pulled up by trading standards.
You provide no actual proof of anything in any capacity based in fact whatsoever, and just prey upon morons with more money than sense.
Your silly Loch Ness monster looking "cables" are utterly ridiculous, and the fact that you appear (I hope not) to be making a living or a profit from this garbage I guess is pure testament to the stupidity of a lot of the general public involved in the hi-fi scene.

Once again, PLEASE explain what analysis you have done and what the error rate you have detected/corrected from your RF interference studies? What are the actual quantifiable outcomes. We both know the answer to this, you have none, you will never have any, and you are pedaling pure garbage.

Let me quote some of the utter garbage from your website:

No, they don't, there are 1's and 0's that are error corrected and thats that. Its factual, its not analoge.

Ahhh the old "many say" so very cleverly worded so as to specifically NOT draw any liability to your BS claims.

You cannot be serious with this garbage?

Can it get any more stupid than this?

LOLLL What frequencies? How are these "frequencies" affecting the digital error rates?

Can you give us ANY details of these "wrong frequencies" that are being "targeted" ?

Can you explain in any scientific terms WHATSOEVER, how your hilarious and embarrassing kindergarten toy looking clip on nonsense changes the "characteristic" and how? In what way?

People, do not waste your money on these snake oil products, and their parasitic salesmen like the above.
If you really want to see just how much abuse a digital signal can take before breakdown, see this video here:

100ft of crappy, no brand, likely chinese garbage before any signal degradation.

I am sure mr digital cable snake oil salesman above has ALL the quantifiable proof though to show I am wrong? Oscilloscope analysis, CRC error correction rates etc? Oh whats that? He wont and never will, and will continue to speak and pedal absolute total and utter LIES to the gullible.

Enough said, I can safely relax in the knowledge that literally NONE of the claims of this snakeoil pedaller will EVER be verified, quantified or validated in any way whatsoever, as the immediate fallback is "many say", or "I've heard". Its just the same as religion, its like a faith in something which quantifiably simply does not exist in reality. You should be ashamed, and embarrassed.
Do you think you should perhaps be getting out more?

Find a window; the sun might be shining.

Oh drat, there goes my business model down the WC pan then!!

Oh well, it was good whilst it lasted.

PS, Oh Well is one of my favourite Fleetwood Mac tracks from when they had the (flawed) genius Peter Green.
I actually preferred the B-Side, 'Oh Drat...'

Agree, but before heading out, I had to correct the nonsense I saw on that site, and the stupid looking snake looking cables that do nothing whatsoever, before some poor unsuspecting fool was taken for a ride and parted with their cash.
Interesting job. What was the application process like?

Has he been booted?
Well he definitely must have got out of bed the wrong side today. That was quite a rant!

A search for that member throws up no results so I’m guessing it’s ex member time.

Oh well, as I said before.

advertisement

Back