advertisement

Van Damme interconnects, are they any good?

I would go with standard Naim cables at this level.
What I need is a custom made cable, a short stump of approx 50cm RCA to DIN 5 pin so I can connect my RCA splitter to my pre-amp Naim NAC112.
My A/V electronics using RCA audio plugs will connect to RCA splitter.
Then I will have the other inputs on my pre-amp free.
designacable.com supply a ready made Naim input compatible 2 x RCA to 1 x DIN in Mogami 2965 (co-ax pair) in lengths ranging from 25cm to 10m. Personally, I'd have them put a Preh 71430-050 locking DIN on in preference to the gold flash none locking Rean (I also prefer Rean NYS373 RCA plugs over the Switchcraft ones).

TIP: 50cm is always too short. Even 0.5m can be a pain when it comes time to rearrange things.

P.S. They also carry Belden, Sommer, and Van Damme, and will basically make anything you want.

I would go with standard Naim cables at this level.

All my standard cables are Naim original.

Other cables for my electronics using RCA fitted with DIN plugs.
I bought an interconnect custom length 8M from Flashback sales UK when owner was in business, he passed away a few years ago.

From CBE-UK bought from ebay, I also have a Gotham GAC1 interconnect custom length of 8M, when I order this cable I gave seller instructions how to make the cable for me, this w@nker doesn't know how to follow instructions when he manufactures custom cables, he put the cable backwards with printed text in the wrong direction and solder plugs in the wrong way.
Would you buy from such an idiot?
I think not!?

Also have 2 of these.
2m Linn interconenct cable = RCA soldered to a DIN Naim

designacable.com supply a ready made Naim input compatible 2 x RCA to 1 x DIN in Mogami 2965 (co-ax pair) in lengths ranging from 25cm to 10m. Personally, I'd have them put a Preh 71430-050 locking DIN on in preference to the gold flash none locking Rean (I also prefer Rean NYS373 RCA plugs over the Switchcraft ones).

TIP: 50cm is always too short. Even 0.5m can be a pain when it comes time to rearrange things.

P.S. They also carry Belden, Sommer, and Van Damme, and will basically make anything you want.

I red somewhere that Chord don't recommend interconnect cables less than 1m lengths ??
Audio quality woouldn't be any good?

Using lengths from 0,5 to 0,75 would be less good?
Why is that?

Cables made with poor insulation coating process, poor soldering and rubbish connectors most certainly do break down.
Foo cables are especially prone to this.

My RCA plugs on the Gotham GAC1 interconnect detoriated, insulation cracked, cheap plugs!

Pretty difficult to beat the electrical properties of Van Damme Tour Grade Classic XKE Starquad cable for use as an interconnect. You'll be hard pressed to find a cable with lower resistance and capacitance, which are the two most important electrical properties required for an interconnect cable. Plus it also ticks "audiophile" check boxes by using a combination of ultra-pure oxygen-free Copper and Silver plated oxygen-free Copper strands with a Cross-linked Polyethylene dialectric.

Surely giving cables a lifetime guarantee is the essence of BS? They don’t tend to breakdown….
They're pro cables. The guarantee has nothing to do with their electrical properties. It's a physical guarantee that the cables will not break given the kind of use that pro touring cables get put to. If you've never been involved with setting audio gigs up or seen how "roadies" treat cabling you'd not realise just how tough a physical life they have.

I red somewhere that Chord don't recommend interconnect cables less than 1m lengths ??

Why is that?
Electrically there's no such thing as "too short" a cable. The shorter the better. From a practical level most kit will be too far apart for a 0.5M cable, 1M is often a little on the long side and 0.75M can often be "about right". Most people just go for 1M as it's an easy option. Unless the electronics is extremely badly designed it's not going to care about the difference in electrical properties between 0.5M and 1M.

do you strongly recommend mogami interconnects for naim?
do they sound audiophile and good ??

Why is that?
never seen that . most of chord`s cables available in 0.5m interconnects

advertisement

Back