advertisement

Trip Hop - Unkle, Tricky, Portishead, Allflaws

Well, I'm up to page 3...:)

First thing I've noticed is the (quite understandable) stretching of the boundaries of 'trip hop' in terms of suggestions. No bad thing at all as far as I'm concerned.

Was going to mention Submotion Orchestra, but I see that's been mentioned before. Love their debut 'Finest Hour'. A personal favourite. Again, not strictly trip hop, but close enough.

The jazzy influence is a key appeal for me.

On that subject, has anyone mentioned Kiefer? Downtempo jazzy beats probably worthy of the thread (a bit more 'hop' than 'trip', but anyway). Album from last year as below. HappySad is probably his most typical album.

199009-kiefer-its-ok-b-u.jpg
I do like Submotion Orchestra. Really soulful stuff. I'm going to go and listen to Finest Hour as I'm curious. Also I want to check out

I do like Submotion Orchestra. Really soulful stuff. I'm going to go and listen to Finest Hour as I'm curious. Also I want to check out
On reflection, I'm backtracking a little on the Kiefer suggestion. I suspect it may have a bit too much of a sunny disposition for this thread, but do feedback so I can tailor future recommendations accordingly.

Oh and on the subject of Tailor, this is a bona fide classic of the genre surely:

On reflection, I'm backtracking a little on the Kiefer suggestion. I suspect it may have a bit too much of a sunny disposition for this thread, but do feedback so I can tailor future recommendations accordingly.

Oh and on the subject of Tailor, this is a bona fide classic of the genre surely:

Been enjoying Kiefer. A different vibe but I like it. Nice to have other styles to mix it up.

There are links/options to play the entire album on YouTube, but I haven't found one link that can be copied, to do so -

There are links/options to play the entire album on YouTube, but I haven't found one link that can be copied, to do so -

A lovely remastered version on Qobuz :)

Track 4 (Sail) featuring Kate Rogers is a classic of the genre. Lovely track.

advertisement

Back