advertisement

Tim deParavicini RIP

Grumpy Tim was a pain in the arse and opinionated and sometimes a real To***but I have to say it was part of his brilliant make up and persona I met Tim on a number of occasions and I will say that a more informed and knowledgeable person in regards of valve circuits and would happily share precise information about many things besides Hifi
My condolences to the family in this difficult time
RIP Tim

I met Tim at a few shows. Once you break the ice with him he was great and definitely more mellow and friendly in recent times.
I use his 324 phono stage and consider it part of my front end - extremely difficult to beat.
He was simply a wizard - he even looked like one!
RIP Tim

A friend of mine had a tape recorder to sell. He contacted Tim. Tim went to his house and was there chatting to my friend for quite a while. Bizarrely my friend taped the conversation for some reason. I've heard the tape. Tim seemed very friendly and genuinely interested in my friend's system and talked a bit about himself and how he started.

First time I met him was at a hi-fi show many moons ago. I said "Is that a Scully tape recorder" - just trying to beak the ice. To which he replied "That's what it bl**dy well says on it doesn't it?" and he wandered off. But he came back and spoke to me...."Heavily modified by me of course". I think he was having an issue getting some direct drive electrostatic amps operating but he got it all going and seemed a bit more relaxed after that.

I've seen him more recently at the Munich shows and he's been quite friendly and chatty with people and telling people about his gear.

Definitely one of a kind and a loss to the audio industry.

Taped the conversation? Weird.
Yeah not sure why. I think my friend was trying out a Sony Walkman pro he'd recently bought second hand. Just for fun I guess. Plus Tim had said he'd go to meet him at his house and look at the tape recorder for sale in person. Maybe my friend was a bit star struck.

Such sad news.
Have known for some time that Tim was ill and being treated in Japan.
Besides all the treatment he was working on an amp design that he hoped would complete his legacy.
and hope he was successful and in time we will have a product to look forward to as a fitting tribute.
He had a wonderful family and I wish many condolences to them.
I will be playing my copy of the alternate version of Whiter Shade of Pale.

Mastered by. Tim de Paravicini Respect

sad , i met him at a show loved his set up, then he went talking about how to design a preamp, went right over my head , i told him soo, he looked at me smiled and said, i do get carried away you know, nice bloke ,,

i really don't know what that is, unless it's the D.T. preventing you from opening a third party link, as it were. I thought a link was a link!
If you link to paid for content, anybody following the link will meet a paywall unless they, too, already subscribe to the same content provider.

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom