advertisement

The War You Don't See.

Again, I think you've placed a little too much faith in the OED: that definition of prejudice you quoted is at the very least poorly worded:

"Preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience"

I don't think you would claim to have had actual experience of all Jews. (Where does reason come into it, BTW?)

(Edit: Drood's said it better)

Good grief it's as if every post one writes is wasted.

I refer the gentleman to the replies I gave earlier.

Bashes head against wall and retires to bed in search of something more invigorating such as sleep.

Good grief it's as if every post one writes is wasted.

I refer the gentleman to the replies I gave earlier.

Bashes head against wall and retires to bed in search of something more invigorating such as sleep.

I know how you feel!

Before you retire, would you at least take a look at a different dictionary?

If Steve doesn't post about his new hifi on pfm, I am going to try and develop a blind spot just for him.
I'm working on my Opus Magnus, it's a complete system not just the speakers. I fully intend to post about it on PFM in the new year. I may not talk to you guys for years at a time but when it comes to evaluating hi-fi...

I also plan to invite around anyone interested to have a look and a listen. I will declare a general truce but let's not talk about I/P.

I'm also working on a small 2-way system (and they said I couldn't do those :D ) which will incorporate many of my basic design principles. I'll let people know the dimensions and invite anyone brave enough to bring around their similar sized 2-ways.

But this is all for a separate thread. Sorry for crashing this one but had to jump in. Who likes to be called a bigot?

On a separate issue, I'm afraid I'm rather ill at this time so my Opus Magnus will probably be my last design. Don't worry about me; I've discovered that I have such a loving and supportive network of friends and family, it's almost worthwhile. A blessing but one I could have done without. :D

No. I am giving any legal advice, just pointing out the fact that Jews are, in Law, an ethnic group.

Secondly, I still have no idea what you are talking about re word-rape or who you are accusing.

I'm referring to online bullying (with certain nuances).

On a separate issue, I'm afraid I'm rather ill at this time so my Opus Magnus will probably be my last design. Don't worry about me; I've discovered that I have such a loving and supportive network of friends and family, it's almost worthwhile. A blessing but one I could have done without. :D

Very sorry to hear that Steve.

Thanks Tony.

On the plus side, it's plunged me into speaker designing and system building - I'm at the 'breadboard stage'. I've been working on designs I've had in my mind for a years. I'm having such a great time and despite the illness (it's Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer - inoperable, incurable and, they tell me, invariably fatal). Pah! I'm still here. Speaker design trumps cancer!! And, even with a fair amount of pain and discomfort, I love life!

PS: I've taken up some new hobbies - leather boot & shoe care and cleaning - very therapeutic. Go Saphir!! Also, Aromatherapy with one of those amazing diffusers you can get for £30. Does aromatherapy work? I've got no idea but it gives me some comfort.

PPS: Please PFMers, don't give me any suggestions for what I need to do, take, eat or read. It's a very individual thing and I can look after myself (with my support network).

I am very sad to read that, Steve. Very best wishes to you and your family and keep on with the speaker design.

Really sorry to read that Steve. Thinking of the brief enjoyable time we met at a show when you were demoing the 7th Veil loudspeakers with Tony years ago. Hoping for more of the same.

Andrew

Steve,
I'm saddened to hear about your cancer and want to send you my best wishes. Any time you feel you need an argument though, let me know and I'll oblige! It would be lovely to see even a sketch of your designs.
Dec.

On the plus side, it's plunged me into speaker designing and system building - I'm at the 'breadboard stage'. I've been working on designs I've had in my mind for a years. I'm having such a great time and despite the illness (it's Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer - inoperable, incurable and, they tell me, invariably fatal). Pah! I'm still here. Speaker design trumps cancer!! And, even with a fair amount of pain and discomfort, I love life!

Steve - as others have said here, really sorry to hear your news and I wish you all the best. Would love to come and hear your new designs one day.

Really sorry to hear about your illness Steve, if you want any electronics help, head over to the DIY room or PM me.

I don't know you 7_V but you seem like a class act. (Totally get the shoe cleaning thing though, there's something very therapeutic about polishing good leather shoes)

I can bet on me being the best shoes polishing in the forum. My grand father was a shoes maker. He was expert in making shoes for people with special orthopedic needs. Although he was Haifan, people came to him from all the country. Just to inform you. BTW, you can also polish your wives women bags. Works good when they want to buy a new one...

Arye

7_V - I've never met you other than through this forum but I'm sorry to hear of your illness. My best wishes to you and your family.

Very sorry to hear about your illness 7_V. I had Pancreatic cancer and had a full Whipple along with a lot of chemo. This was 13 years ago. I had a fantastic surgeon called Satvinder Mudan. Absolutely brilliant man. I presume you have had a second opinion. Mr Mudan is based at the Royal Marsden but does work in other hospitals around the world.

I too have designed loudspeakers for myself. I have made 3 pairs of loudspeakers the last of which are floorstanding 2 way speakers which I am quite pleased with.

All the very best to you. Steve.

advertisement

Back