advertisement

The resurrected 'things you sold then bought again' thread.

SBLs - I’ve had 5 pairs. One set bought new in about 1995, through to a beautiful very late pair bought and sold here last year or so.

I also bought and sold the same original Xerxes deck here twice. Lovely, lovely thing.

The Spendor S3/5Rs I just rebought were intended for a challenging room acoustic. I figured their more constrained HF energy compared with the HLP3ESRs would work better in a very underdamped room ( shutters no curtains etc) and bingo. I've got them on tall stands about 25cm out from wall either side of a fireplace and they are delivering the sound I'd hoped for. I had Quad 12s which had the right tonal characteristics but can't hold a candle to the Spendors in terms of resolution and imaging.

SBLs - I’ve had 5 pairs. One set bought new in about 1995, through to a beautiful very late pair bought and sold here last year or so.

I also bought and sold the same original Xerxes deck here twice. Lovely, lovely thing.

5! :eek:

I've had 2 sets of SBLs, 2 Xerxes, 2 Claymores and 2 OC9s.

I'm not alone, nice :D

Since joining this site I have revisited far too much stuff
Bloody hifi forums :)

I can understand this if the bloody things wear out and you're getting replacements because you like them so much. But loudspeakers (or hifi kit - save cartridges and cheap tape decks) don't really wear out. This serial box swapping is a bit like leaving and getting back together with the same woman/partner repeatedly.

I suspect a lot of folk move around a lot. I certainly did back when I was working in conventional jobs, and different rooms often need different speakers. This certainly being why I went back to Kans so many times, they are a great solution to a small rented London flat or whatever.

Jeez... the list is longer than I care to admit. :D

LP12: last one sold in 1991, present one bought 2016
Dynavector P75: last one sold in 2009, present one bought in 2017

Several more but can't recall exactly what/when.

I suspect a lot of folk move around a lot. I certainly did back when I was working in conventional jobs, and different rooms often need different speakers. This certainly being why I went back to Kans so many times, they are a great solution to a small rented London flat or whatever.
That's a factor I never considered. I've moved houses only three times in the last 25 years, and all my kit moved with me.

advertisement

Back