advertisement

The resurrected 'things you sold then bought again' thread.

Linn Kabers 3 times including one activ. I expect I will get another pair but I am waiting for a pair with the wood veneer on the front as well as the sides. More recently a JVC quadraphonic amp and 4 matching JVC speakers to replicate a system I had in the late 70's. It has taken several years to obtain the speakers and I only found the 2nd pair earlier this week.

I’ve bought a few pairs of Keilidhs too but mainly on behalf of other people when setting a system up for them. My daughter had her first pair at eight years old though, along with a Classik movie. She has my Katans now, wall mounted as they take up less room.

Logitech Transporter: Sold my original one for a nice profit but ended up paying more to import a NOS SE version from the US...

Jolida Glass FX DAC MK3

I had a bit of a thing for WAD amps, I've had two KEL84'S and three KIT34'S. Also owned every version of SF'S Concertino, having bought the 'home' version twice.

Garrard 401 (3 times).
Garrard 301 (twice).
Chord Mojo (twice).
Chord Hugo (twice).

... I’m not very good at making my mind up ;)

Easy. Quad ESL 57, Quad ESL 63.

Regret selling, but don't want to pay current prices to buy back: McIntosh MC 275, MX -110, Rogers 15 Ohm LS 3/5a.

Dec, strange thing, I sold them again about a year ago while doing the “final” downsizing of gear. So it goes.....Kans no more.

Cyrus system. Sold and then re-bought a few years back and un-changed. Can't find anything better I can afford. Densen would be top choice otherwise.

Possibly changing going active now/AE1 but I will still use a Cyrus Pre.

Sold my Rega when the kids came along just bought another

Sold my Line Magnetic 518i for the same reason. Sold it completely intending to replace it when I have time to listen to records again. It was the best piece of gear.

rega kytes - on my third pair. ive had two pairs of linn kabers and would like another pair of late ones in good nick

NVA AP10H Headphone Amp. Now on my 4th one, and will be staying permanently. Very good amps!

Also have strong appreciation, for the entry level Grado headphones. Have owned many SR80's, and a small amount of SR60's. Currently awaiting for SR60's. Very musical! Nice to have it sitting alongside my RS1's.

S.

I had Spendor S3/5Rs which I sold a few years ago. I replaced them with ATC scm7s I had lying around because the listening set up wasn't as critical for music- listening to the TV. I remember the Spendors rendered timbre beautifully, werent showy in the HF and were excellent with voice. I bought another pair this week. They're lovely- in addition to the qualities above, they image spectacularly and render the recording acoustic extremely well.
Hello old friend.

JR-149: 1978, 2005, 2013; sold

Spendor 3/5R: 2008, 2014; kept (I didn't really sell first pair; they ended up remaining with an ex. I'm with TheDecameron on these; I truly missed them when we parted; powered today by a stock Nait 2.)

Quad 57s: 1980, 2012; kept

Pioneer SX-828 receiver: 1973, 2006; sold

Bogen DB110G integrated mono-blocks: 2000 used iron for homebrew kit, 2006; sold

WTS

advertisement

Back