advertisement

The perfect soundtrack to a MRI scan?

You need Charlotte Gainsbourg's "IRM" which is French for MRI. She recorded it after being MRI scanned as she found the noise interesting.

I'd go for podcasts I think but thanks for all the upbeat views on what must be a bit of a ordeal

Now if the MRI was loricrafted would the rumble s/n ratio ....

Gets coat

Good luck with your test

I'm sure they could grease you up if you asked nicely, like grounds keeper Willie in the Simpsons? ;-)

Seriously, I hope the scan goes ok and isn't too bad an ordeal on the day. You won't get stuck, they thought of that when they designed the machine!

I'd go for some Krafwerk myself, a nice symmetry there.

Just listen to the clunking of the MRI and pretend you just paid £60 for a ticket to a reimagining of a seminal work by Schoenberg played on unquenched magnets and helium. Write a Guardian style arts review in your head - "Despite the novelty of the medium, the disappointing second act adds nothing new to the percussive, rhythmic themes established earlier in the work" and post it on some kind of online hipster site. Marvel at the lack of appreciation of irony in the comments. Be interviewed by the actual Guardian about your experience and whether you think this shows we have passed peak hipster.

Have fun with it.

Thanks for your comforting words :D

The claustrophobia is my main worry, plus I'm not the thinnest bloke in the world so I'm afraid I might get stuck!:eek:

You'll be fine, I have a tendency to feel claustrophobic, I'm also of quite a stocky build. You won't get stuck and in all of the scans I have had, they blow a gentle stream of cool air across your face which is comforting.

Try not to worry :).

Thanks for your comforting words :D

The claustrophobia is my main worry, plus I'm not the thinnest bloke in the world so I'm afraid I might get stuck!:eek:

I concentrated on the 'music' and why I was there, sorting out dodgy shoulder

It was over quick enough

advertisement

Back