advertisement

The perfect soundtrack to a MRI scan?

BLACKMASS

pfm Member
Wasn't sure which section to post this but here goes....

I've got an appointment Saturday morning for a MRI scan. In the leaflet it suggests bringing a CD to listen to during the examination. The examination lasts between 20-45 minutes, ideal length for an album.

I thought it would be a good idea for a thread and lighten my mood a little.

What would be your perfect soundtrack?

Nothing too soporific or you're liable to doze off and twitch. They'll have to re-do the scan & can get quite miffed if you do this a couple of times. Something lively.

An MRI machine actually plays some remixed by Fox experimental found sound electronica.

(When I have MRIs I actually meditate in a Mindfulness sort of way and barely notice the noise and it makes the time pass very quick).

You'll need IEMs and huge spl's to overcome all that bloody banging and clanking.
Track, Tunnel of Love.

They've had to shake me awake when I've had them :eek:
Just take happy thoughts and close your eyes.

Hope you get good results at the end

I had to wear a sleep mask. if I'd opened my eyes to see metal 2 inches away I'd have freaked. No music would drown out the banging either.

Bob Marley 'Everything's Gonna Be Alright'....(if you can hear it over the 'BRRRRRRR, CLANK, BRRRRRRRR)

G

I think I took a Martin Simpson instrumental album. Pleasant listening without too much of a beat in case my body joined in.

...and I'm back in the room. Thanks for all the replies so far. I've been told the machine is quite noisy.
I just hope I don't freak out.

I'm thinking Pink Floyd's 'DSOTM' :)

I have had a few MRI scans recently, they supply the headphones, they contain no metal, instead they use air pressure through tubes, like the type that used to be common on airliners. They aren't particularly loud and are far from HIFI, they are just intended as a distraction from the experience of being in an MRI scanner which some people find quite distressing. MRI scanners are very noisy and make all kinds of weird and wonderful noises and you will hear it over the music.

Take anything you fancy on the day, some dub step would be a good choice, it'd blend in with the machine :).

BTW, try not to worry, you'll be fine. I suffer from anxiety at times but MRI scans don't bother me at all. Think of it as the perfect excuse to do bugger all for 45 minutes.

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom