advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

3 years to go to my retirement. The clock is ticking (obviously not the clock in the MDAC2!)
Will it arrive before I retire?

Surely 'ineffective' implies that expressions of disappointment are expected to achieve something. That would be misguided.

Is there such a thing as meaningful scorn for those of us who are £3000+ down with nothing to show for it?

Typical of John to want to explore new projects and ideas rather than do the honest toil he was paid to do for us. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

But he also posted a progress update on the previous page (2).
Well this update in response to Markw4 is rather good and upbeat imo. It sounds to me like it's very positive (apart from the sourcing chips issue). This was early July this year so perhaps the 'clock section' brick wall hadn't been hit yet. Also I'm guessing Markw4 is a fellow designer rather than a sponsor.

From what I read, the 'clock' is now so good that it's becoming a problem to measure and the DAC array has enormous resolution... All sounds very exciting again... (to a dreamer like me).

Can you even measure a fictitious DAC?
My understanding is that putting together a DAC is fairly trivial, in fact one such beast (a variation of the DaCapo design) was demonstrated to a select few by JW and compared favourably to a Chord (I forget the exact model, maybe a Hugo).

As with most high end DACs (I'm thinking dCS) the 'clock section' is a very important section. JWs 'clock section' will (hopefully) be novel and best.

advertisement

Back