advertisement

The end of Mana Audio

Cliff, point taken, but a small observation: it's normally three months after stopping trading, rather than a year (I know as I'm closing down a small company that a friend and I started which basically didn't work out - and we had to wait three months from last trading date before we could file the necessary closure forms).

In any case, all I'm saying is that without knowing all the facts we can't (as outsiders) know what's going on, and it's certainly none of my business.

If JW is ripping someone off (even if unintentionally) then that's a pity, but without knowing the full facts that's just an unfounded allegation which I hope isn't true.

"and the fact that IANW Got his stands recently seems a bit odd considering that jw owes a customer a rack that was orderd over a year ago jw should give him his money back"

"and ian as a moderator are you trying to tell us that the person who was asking about his rack was deleated from the mana forum and he has not been able to post on the forum,i think that you were fully aware of what was going on why should his post asking about delivery times be removed"

I think what is required is a few facts instead of ill judged opinions.

I help out as a moderator on the Mana forum. I have not censored or moderated any threads to do with Mana's status as a company or orders not being delivered etc. I have been told that threads had been removed but as I did not see them I cannot comment on them.

I do not work for Mana and unable to comment on what their status as a company is.

But I can state that I ordered some speaker stands some time ago and was able to collect them very recently. As did other people as related by Heuer on ZG. Unfortunately for him he was not able to do so. In my case I was prepared to wait as long as it took, clearly others were also prepared to do that.

Ian

Hi Cliff,

"Personally I always thought their products were overpriced crap."

We can always expect a good balanced view from you.

There I was thinking that you had chilled out a bit over the past few years and didn't need to be so negative about others...

Ian

JTC said:
Cliff, point taken, but a small observation: it's normally three months after stopping trading, rather than a year (I know as I'm closing down a small company that a friend and I started which basically didn't work out - and we had to wait three months from last trading date before we could file the necessary closure forms).

JTC = looking at companies house, the accounts from last year haven't been submitted yet, nor has the annual return. IanW's post indicates that the company has been trading as recently as his last delivery. Given these facts, its unlikely that the company can be struck off without some kind of objection from the taxman, the vatman or other creditors. At the very least the directors have a legal obligation to file the missing papers up to the point at which they stopped trading.

IanW said:
Hi Cliff,

"Personally I always thought their products were overpriced crap."

We can always expect a good balanced view from you.

There I was thinking that you had chilled out a bit over the past few years and didn't need to be so negative about others...

Ian

Ian, I haven't said anything about "others", its only the products that I thought were overpriced crap. Incidentally I say the same about Linn electronics, and I regard Ivor and John in pretty much the same way.

cheers
Cliff

Please can we keep this thread on topic. Ian W does not work for Mana in any capacity, he simply volunteers some of his free time to help run their forum, he is also a valued member of this forum and should certainly not have his integrity questioned in this way.

Tony.

Yep, as I expected. Three threads on the Mana Forum asking about the status of Mana today have been deleted within short order. JW won't earn any respect that way.

You either have a forum and take the rough with the smooth or you don't have a forum at all.

Michael.

If there's a good story to tell, it seems the obvious place to tell it. Otherwise everyone will assume the worst anyway ....

So, does this mean secondhand Mana is up, or down in value?

Patrick Dixon said:
So, does this mean secondhand Mana is up, or down in value?
If its up, then this guy, the German (possibly former) distributor must be laughing.

PICT3508a.jpg

You either have a forum and take the rough with the smooth or you don't have a forum at all.

All the denial and censorship achieves is to move the issue over onto far larger platforms like pfm or ZG where the topic will be allowed to run and be viewed by exponentially more people than if it had been tackled and defused at home. Defies logic IMHO. I don't especially like the topic here, but given the lack of credible arguments to the contrary I have little option but to let it run it's course. I am perfectly happy to publish any official statement made by Mana or their agents to ensure both sides are heard.

Tony.

As the importer of Mana in the USA I am not sure what to tell you. AT this point I have no confirmation one way or the other on what has happened to Mana.

Why not give JW a call or email, asking for comments (or no comments)
I think it has to be done by a moderator only

John Watson is very aware of both pfm and ZG, he will certainly have read this thread. He knows my email address and is very welcome to register here should he wish to. I am just making it publicly known that pfm will allow both sides to comment on this issue.

Tony.

We should bear in mind that he might wish to make comment, but could have been advised not to do so by his accountant or solicitor.

And therefore a lack of comment does not necessarily imply guilt

A statement could still be made explaining that he has been gagged by his solicitor, etc. from commenting further. At least you would know publicaly that he is well aware of the situation.

Not in the least - it's human nature to speculate. What's strange is that anyone is the least bit interested.

Blzebub said:
What's strange is that anyone is the least bit interested.

Not really Bub...given his reputation as a 'colourful' member of the industry...and the fact that lots of PFM members have probably bought or demmed his gear in the past.

mikeg said:
Isn't it strange that so few know the full story but so many are happy to judge

No not really. What IS strange is that Mana have not either deemed it fit to respond and give us "the full story", or threaten forum owners with legal action of the suppositions are wide of the mark.

Maybe that's not really strange - more telling.

advertisement

Back