advertisement

The Children Poll

How many children do you have? Select a number and reason.

Votes: 41 32.0%

Votes: 16 12.5%

Votes: 44 34.4%

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • 4+

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • My/Partners decision

Votes: 58 45.3%
  • Decided for me (medical or circumstances)

Votes: 20 15.6%

• Total voters
I confess I am surprised that 0 is the top number choice currently. It has been close to 2 kids for a while but nosed ahead this evening.

So the average number of pfm kids is 1.475, well below the national average of 1.9 which is at an all time low.

Does this reflect the richer you are, the fewer the children you have? pfm is probably on average richer than the general population but I don't know for sure.

I confess I am surprised that 0 is the top number choice currently. It has been close to 2 kids for a while but nosed ahead this evening.

So the average number of pfm kids is 1.475, well below the national average of 1.9 which is at an all time low.

Does this reflect the richer you are, the fewer the children you have? pfm is probably on average richer than the general population but I don't know for sure.
Hi-fi nerd > no girlfriend must come into it.

Me too. Well just next door at Bang Sar in a large food square of mainly cheapish restaurants, at the time popular with expats. Except it was a Pakistani restaurant. Plastic chairs and tables, neon lights and no air con. Nothing has come close since.

Nirvana Indian restaurant in Bangsar, opposite Mall 2, was our go to place for Sunday brunch when I lived in KL. Banana leaf curry house. Every time I go back it’s a must visit. Best Indian street style food ever. A meal for 3 was about 50 RM (ten quid). I miss KL food:(

Well, we just need to get the whole planet to join pfm (well, half of it would do), and get them all under 1.5. Then seek to drive the number down to less than 0.3. We have some tools. Loudly talking about the band we loved last week as "having sold out" as soon as anyone else we know has heard of it, wearing obscure band T-shirts well past their wash day, vegan flatulence, playing The Fall and Autechre on first dates (this will always be our song), being able to name all the session musicians in Miles electric period in reverse alphabetical order, "the nursery" is the 'speaker museum, all weekend double blind interconnect chin stroking events, duvets stapled to the ceiling after room tuning....

...I think we can drive that number lower!

advertisement

Back